gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
February 8-12 East Coast Storm Potential

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

conservative in a volatile setup. I think its a prudent move so far, by tomorrow morning after digesting the overnight models I suspect they'll start mentioning some snow possibilities

yes but many areas in there zones clearly get some healthy front end snows

im scratching my head wondering why mt holly barely mentions any snow at all for wednsday?

Major focus on Mondays event since Philly metro is their biggest and most populated area. Always seems odd that places like portions of the Poconos and Sussex Co NJ are in their area given the climatological differences. That said, I'd models trend like the Euro and GGEM, things will change for the Wed event tomorrow AM in their discussions.

Love that site. Don't know why it isn't used more by members here. Even the radar is superior than most 

Take a looky here

COD MET water vapor-

pv_zpsde9884be.gif

3 cold shots on the move -  pivoting round the PV

just a hunch... this helps the snow lovers in our area down the road (i.g. this threat)

its not all about model hugging 

full loop here

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/

dm

One other important note is that i recall looking at 180 hr maps for the 2/5 storm incoming this week.  Granted, It has shifted and wobbled, but the general idea hasn't.  To me, this type of southern stream pattern is really being handled better by the models.

Wishful thinking?  Maybe.  But I like where we sit tonight and jumping from the 2/3 to 2/5 to 2/8 thread is too much fun regardless of what happens!

One other important note is that i recall looking at 180 hr maps for the 2/5 storm incoming this week. Granted, It has shifted and wobbled, but the general idea hasn't. To me, this type of southern stream pattern is really being handled better by the models.

Wishful thinking? Maybe. But I like where we sit tonight and jumping from the 2/3 to 2/5 to 2/8 thread is too much fun regardless of what happens!

A wild 9+ days ahead for sure

Archived