• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 2014 General Discussion

snowlover2

It sucks we have a good pattern for snow cover, but will have nothing but the crusty crap on the ground to keep around. 

Bo is probably the only one of the forum that has anything worth keeping around.

Well, when a potential record is within reach, it is worth keeping the snow, but then again, it makes the cold feel that much more brutal.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sucks we have a good pattern for snow cover, but will have nothing but the crusty crap on the ground to keep around. 

Bo is probably the only one of the forum that has anything worth keeping around.

well worth hanging on to at this point but when it becomes snice/snirt, I'm not gonna fret about watching it go.... unless I was chasing some record, then maybe.

Poor Deer...

yeah I do feel bad for the little guys.... have had snow now for 105+ days.

I remember last April when a large field opened up from snow cover, I was driving by and saw around 80 deer chowing on dead, matted grass. Guess they're bred to withstand this type of Winter. Certainly isn't the first.

Awesome picture Bo! Looks like you have some drifting there!  :D

---

Already at the predicted high today, 20°.

:P that was some wind storm a few days ago...

just recently tho

And to think I considered living there and even viewed a home near the coast there ... phew..... :lmao:

I think up the coast a bit toward Rogers City and Cheboygan it gets better. I have seen bands that hug the coast line many times Basically from Standish to Alpena and East of 65 not really the place to move to if you are a weenie... 

I think up the coast a bit toward Rogers City and Cheboygan it gets better. I have seen bands that hug the coast line many times Basically from Standish to Alpena and East of 65 not really the place to move to if you are a weenie...

that area does really well with east flow enhancements from cutters.... just not been the year for system type snows for N MI.

Back in the late 90's before snow maps, we used to snowmobile out of Onaway and would run out of snow heading toward Alpena. We had no idea what the coverage was like until we hit the trails there. Not a good place for snow.

Archived