joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2014 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the heat and humidity in Summer. Give me 80-90 with dews in the high 60s all day. Makes the beach more more enjoyable that way! =)

Yeah that's nice beach weather. Otherwise 85°/low 60° dews or 90°/55° is about my limits.

You are correct about the winter stats (and yes, I will be doing some stats/research, but I think its save to call this the most severe winter for all things combined here). But you are off on the 4-month stretch. DTW saw 5 consecutive months below normal DJFMA 2010-11. I enjoyed that as well as the summer 2009 :)

Ooops...I didn't even think to check that timeframe. I just didn't remember that time being all that cold so I ignored it, plus the heat that summer kind of made that winter fade from memory.

I love the heat and humidity in Summer. Give me 80-90 with dews in the high 60s all day. Makes the beach more more enjoyable that way! =)

Gross. You can invent a time machine to relive the summers of 2010-2012 repeatedly as far as I'm concerned. Are you all in school or get summers off or something? Because all a hot summer means is me sticking to every possible surface as I'm driving to work and back. Yuck. I'm clearly doing something wrong here.

2010-11 was my favorite winter...until 2013-14 came along!

I remember it being memorable for snow, not really especially cold though.

I think the record that was set that will stand the longest from this winter will be a calendar month with a double digit snowpack the entire time. I could see that taking another 50 or 100 years to happen again. That sort of serious, sustained snowpack is strikingly rare in this area. It's so common for us to have mid winter thaws and the ones we had this year were kind of weak and not very sustained.

I'm 56, so I won't be around when most of you are telling your grandkids about the winter of '14. But I can imagine the stories. "The drifts were so high you had to wear an oxygen mask to climb them. The potholes were so large and deep you could ice fish on them."

It has truly been a memorable winter. It is a year that will be brought up every time there is talk of comparing historic winters in the future.

I'm 56, so I won't be around when most of you are telling your grandkids about the winter of '14. But I can imagine the stories. "The drifts were so high you had to wear an oxygen mask to climb them. The potholes were so large and deep you could ice fish on them."

It has truly been a memorable winter. It is a year that will be brought up every time there is talk of comparing historic winters in the future.

Yes sir....that is inevitable to have this winter turned into the bolded! How else do you think my granparents walked to school uphill in 6 feet of snow during winters when 24" TOTAL snow fell from Nov-Apr!

Archived