joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/29/14 Cape Cod and SE Areas Tuesday Night/Wed AM

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro bumped east which really brings my interest down given ncep guidance propensity to be too far west.

That said of interest was the rgem finally bringing the heavy stuff right almost to ack. That isn't really a good thing as it would prevent much precip west.

I'll take the rgem and euro combo. Dusting to 2" cape wide. Pending the 12z. A 40 mile shift is the difference between 0 and 4

Euro bumped east which really brings my interest down given ncep guidance propensity to be too far west.

That said of interest was the rgem finally bringing the heavy stuff right almost to ack. That isn't really a good thing as it would prevent much precip west.

I'll take the rgem and euro combo. Dusting to 2" cape wide. Pending the 12z. A 40 mile shift is the difference between 0 and 4

09z SREFs are like 0.1" up to the Canal.

SO here's the storm total on the NAM.  This really is right off Harv's 11pm map last night.  We all know he's a legend but he was out there compared to others last night.  If this happens.... take a bow Harv.

GFS had that too last night. I dunno..I have a hard time for my area seeing an inch.These storms are always...always sneaky but there is a lot of dry air to overcome. Much better chance down by you.

GFS had that too last night. I dunno..I have a hard time for my area seeing an inch.These storms are always...always sneaky but there is a lot of dry air to overcome. Much better chance down by you.

Yeah the gorilla in the room is the dry surface winds.  No low level ocean winds to help.  I don't know pending the rest of the suite I think C-2" is the safe play.  If this ends up being a C-5" in the SE 1/4 of new England...lol...

This winter is making it tough on the pros.

12z NAM now bringing an inch or two to the CT shoreline tomorrow morning...which I don't think is a terribly surprising trend. For once in my life not hoping for a last minute trend in my favor. Leaving for Florida first thing tomorrow. Hope you guys out towards the Cape get a decent event! Also going to enjoy watching NC get the goods today!

12z RGEM similar to the NAM.  It's wetter than it's previous runs.

Boy, models had a horrible time with this system.

They're never going to be perfect at the scale we are talking (15-30mi) so any subtle shift has sensible changes to the average person.  I see nothing wrong with the above map as well as BOX's.

Archived