Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
February 2014 Pattern Discussion Thread

free_man

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't look at it as negative but more objective analysis of what could go wrong.  Its not the worst approach, though it irks some snow lovers who want to enjoy the orgy of a storm, lol.

I agree.

He's usually right...but I was just letting off some steam tonight and having a laugh.

Some took it seriously.

Such softies. We get screwed and take it like a man. They get screwed and out comes a box of Tampax.

Yeah go back and read some of the threads from January last winter and then get back to us, haha.

Prior to the Feb blizz, you had the rope tied to the Tobin, getting ready to slip off into a deep sleep ;)

Yeah go back and read some of the threads from January last winter and then get back to us, haha.

Prior to the Feb blizz, you had the rope tied to the Tobin, getting ready to slip off into a deep sleep ;)

I heard about that....I wasn't posting enough to know.

I was steadfast from start to finish on last winter being back loaded, though.

I complained a ton, but I was honestly just trying to have a laugh tonight.

If it makes some feel better, long for oes cjs the next time there is a cf on rt 128...I couldn't give 2 $hiats. :lol:

I don't look at it as negative but more objective analysis of what could go wrong.  Its not the worst approach, though it irks some snow lovers who want to enjoy the orgy of a storm, lol.

More of a discussion of paste bombs instead of fluff bombs and what is preferred, The pattern going forward looks to favor paste with these next couple potential systems anyways

I will take the mash potatoes any day over the high fluff bombs, At least the next system looks to deliver just that, Climo really starts to become a factor here on out

I like the fluff bombs for skiing... nothing better than snow washing over your head as you dive into 2 feet of champagne powder.  And honestly, I'm in no position right now to be picky about snow type, lol.  I'll take anything that wants to come out of the sky.  In a perfect world, the synoptic storms would be dense snow, and then we'd have a bunch of currier and ives meso-scale snow and clippers in between.  If you already have snow, there's something really relaxing about a steady light snow all day and 3-5" of fluff.  Picturesque stuff.

I like the fluff bombs for skiing... nothing better than snow washing over your head as you dive into 2 feet of champagne powder.  And honestly, I'm in no position right now to be picky about snow type, lol.  I'll take anything that wants to come out of the sky.  In a perfect world, the synoptic storms would be dense snow, and then we'd have a bunch of currier and ives meso-scale snow and clippers in between.  If you already have snow, there's something really relaxing about a steady light snow all day and 3-5" of fluff.  Picturesque stuff.

I can see where that would be a preference for you, But you also have the ability to make paste, We have to rely on mother nature

I heard about that....I wasn't posting enough to know.

I was steadfast from start to finish on last winter being back loaded, though.

I complained a ton, but I was honestly just trying to have a laugh tonight.

If it makes some feel better, long for oes cjs the next time there is a cf on rt 128...I couldn't give 2 $hiats. :lol:

Haha yeah its been boring... Will's gonna come in and remove the last two pages anyway, which hopefully move to the banter thread before Ginxy calls me out for being a hypocrite for bantering, which I am  ;)

I can see where that would be a preference for you, But you also have the ability to make paste, We have to rely on mother nature

Yeah, total see where as a snowmobiler you have no use for fluff that a sled sinks through to the frozen ground...hey there's 2 feet on the ground and we are still riding on dirt under the snow!  Haha.

That's not even a good comparison...that is light years different than this year.

It's just something I noticed. I understand NNE's frustration...I am referring to ern MA interior folks. There has been a lot of frustration from missing that one storm, but you'd think the whole winter screwed them. Again..the folks out by CEF and up in NNE are a different story.

Scott, I'm just having some fun.

Like you are when you mention that you see more CJs ahead.

I'm over it and looking ahead, but nothing wrong with having some laughs.

You've been a bit more defensive of late.

I am having fun too...but I honestly don't understand the frustration some have. That's the truth. I know you haven't looked at a model...but you should look ahead. I've liked this period coming up for a long time. Deep down I think this is N of I-90 favored...but this should be a fun time as a whole.

the colds been impressive no doubt about that, seeing places like montauk the outer cape, bid and nantucket cash in and not have to worry about ptype is cool too. seeing nyc metro cash in like they have makes me wonder what they did to get such a charmed life and i feel the same way for emass from bos se to the canal

Haha yeah its been boring... Will's gonna come in and remove the last two pages anyway, which hopefully move to the banter thread before Ginxy calls me out for being a hypocrite for bantering, which I am ;)

unreadable, some one call the cops, lol great stuff. As depicted in gridded data verbatim on the GFS ice will be 4 inches thick at HoarfrostHubb house by day 15

Yeah, total see where as a snowmobiler you have no use for fluff that a sled sinks through to the frozen ground...hey there's 2 feet on the ground and we are still riding on dirt under the snow!  Haha.

We still need some fluff for lubrication, That's the big difference from this year and last year, We had a lot of fluff bombs blizzard included that got wiped out by cutters and we retained no snow pack whatsoever, So we were ahead on snow at this time last year then now, The difference this year, Is we had a couple paste bombs then followed up by a couple icing events and a couple fluff bombs, Then we had 3 cutters and just 1 nickel dime event and a couple trace storms since Jan 3rd, But i still have a 9" snow pack, Not enough to ride on, But 1 storm of even 3-6" and its back to game on, The base is concrete and has been bullet proof

I am having fun too...but I honestly don't understand the frustration some have. That's the truth. I know you haven't looked at a model...but you should look ahead. I've liked this period coming up for a long time. Deep down I think this is N of I-90 favored...but this should be a fun time as a whole.

Yea, I'm optimistic.

That's not even a good comparison...that is light years different than this year.

It's just something I noticed. I understand NNE's frustration...I am referring to ern MA interior folks. There has been a lot of frustration from missing that one storm, but you'd think the whole winter screwed them. Again..the folks out by CEF and up in NNE are a different story.

Ahhh I thought you said western Mass earlier...TBH I didn't know it was so bad relative to the rest of SNE out by Ryan's area north up the CT Valley until I read some of the totals so far near like codfish and that area. Further north, Happy Valley seemed to be doing fine.

the colds been impressive no doubt about that, seeing places like montauk the outer cape, bid and nantucket cash in and not have to worry about ptype is cool too. seeing nyc metro cash in like they have makes me wonder what they did to get such a charmed life and i feel the same way for emass from bos se to the canal

Just making up from prior screwjies.

A lot of people forget the Cape got porked a bit in 2010-2011. Messenger and points east had a lot of rain while it was pounding snow 10 miles to the NW. Climo always wins. This is why Tolland doesn't always jackpot in every storm, nor the Cape always get rain and 20" of snow.

Ahhh I thought you said western Mass earlier...TBH I didn't know it was so bad relative to the rest of SNE out by Ryan's area north up the CT Valley until I read some of the totals so far near like codfish and that area. Further north, Happy Valley seemed to be doing fine.

Central Mass has been meh, but the cold has been great

Kinda boring though

Archived