joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th Threat

Bob Chill

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does but the Appalachian mountain torque cannot be denied. Mt mitchell pops the blimp and sinks the ship

I raised SPI in the face of the GFS. So let the Euro lose it now once and for all.

you starting the 1/15 thread? i could see a 1-2" event

Something there on the Euro? All I see on the GFS is a clipperish system riding in from the great NW. If that's all there is I'll go with 0 to 0 as my initial call.

Shoulda kept my original thought and never give it a chance.

12z GFS has the storm again, maybe not as impressive as 12z yesterday but still decent as far as moisture for Baltimore. Havnt checked surface temps but thats rather unimportant right now considering we're not seeing a lot of consistency with just showing the storm

Looks like 40* at the onset mid 30s for most of the storm. Meh We know how that normally works out, especially for DC/east.

My thread lives another day.

I'm out

I'm also pretty much out as I think the boundary layer issues are going to be tough to resolve as pretty much all the solutions take a low to our north and then don't leave enough time to gt cold air into our region behind it.  Of course I live east of the city so that makes it much easier for me to dismiss it. 

I'm also pretty much out as I think the boundary layer issues are going to be tough to resolve as pretty much all the solutions take a low to our north and then don't leave enough time to gt cold air into our region behind it. Of course I live east of the city so that makes it much easier for me to dismiss it.

Yea, I was hoping the separation trend from 12z to 18z last night would continue but it was wishcasting. Non sticking snowfall sure beats today so I'll hope for a mashed potato cartopper and be happy.

Archived