Newest Member
    EWR757
1/15-1/16 Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does the EURO have?

Sends the low for the Tuesday system to Rochester. Another strong cold front with heavy rain possible. Then a coastal forms tucked into the coast on Wed/Thursday time frame. Looks cold enough for snow at first glance. Snow maps show quick hitting 2-4 or 3-5 type deal.

That shows max temps during the warmest part of the day.  Clearly warm boundary temps with warmth all the way up the HV.  With a little dew point depression, surface temps would likely cool to the 33-34 range (lower with any elevation), during precip.  That's not hopeless 5 days out on the Euro prog.

You can't analyze temps when we don't even know the depiction of the storm. Who knows if either of the models are correct in the storm setup nevermind temps. 

Antecedent cold is weak though so I would expect precipitation type issues regardless of the storm's depiction and I favor a rain to snow type storm. 

That would be either rain or nonaccumulating snow, especially near the city and coast. Doesn't matter how cold 850s are if winds are not from a favorable direction and we're dealing with stale cold air and no snowcover.

Euro is always way to warm. Every storm we go thru this.

Rossi

Euro is always way to warm. Every storm we go thru this.

Rossi

The GFS is also above freezing during the height of the storm. Temps in the mid 30s. Snow falling on wet, unfrozen ground with temps above freezing? Good luck getting accumulations.

Not saying it will play out that way but right now I doubt we'd see much based on either model.

Archived