• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January Banter

Isopycnic

That's when wrestling was wrestling! Rock n roll express, midnight express, Steiner bros, Sid vicious, mulky bros, rocky king, Ivan koloff, Nikita koloff, Jim Cornett , tully Blanchard , lex lugar, road warriors , good times! That when wrestling was real!! Forgot Andre the giant! Lol

Who would have thought wrstling and weather go together. I know there are time I 'd like to  suflex my computer when it's running slow.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn... Ive wasted about an entire Saturday looking at these damn models with nothing to come of it. Its times like this I wish I was more like a normal person that doesn't give a #@%& about the weather.

LOL  

It can suck you in when a potential winter storm is on the horizon. 

I stepped away for a few hours (about to head out for a bite to eat shortly).  I'll probably be checking back in later this evening. 

Enjoy your evening (away from the computer and models, lol)!

Weenie here... :)

I've seen ensembles over the years show snow right up to the event while the op be dry and the op ends up being right.  I'm not saying the operation runs won't change tomorrow or Monday but imo the writing is on the wall.  I sure hope I'm wrong because crow tastes good when it's snowing outside.  If it does snow I'm heading to your house to get some sledding in!  :thumbsup:

I'd be happy to have you. While it may be true that ensembles still show snow and the op is dry and it's correct in some cases, the fact that RDU euro ensembles still have multiple members (5-6) spitting out 8-9"+ snow is a tell tale sign that they're still seeing a more western solution with this storm. NOT foothills western, but not extremely off the coast either. Put it this way, if the ensembles still had an average of 2" for RDU but had no members above 2", I'd be worried because that would be a trend downward in the individual members and showing a more eastern solution like the OP. The fact that we're inside 100 hours and the ensembles still show us getting pummeled and the OP is dry is ridiculous to me, and I'll side with the ensembles.

I'd be happy to have you. While it may be true that ensembles still show snow and the op is dry and it's correct in some cases, the fact that RDU euro ensembles still have multiple members (5-6) spitting out 8-9"+ snow is a tell tale sign that they're still seeing a more western solution with this storm. NOT foothills western, but not extremely off the coast either. Put it this way, if the ensembles still had an average of 2" for RDU but had no members above 2", I'd be worried because that would be a trend downward in the individual members and showing a more eastern solution like the OP. The fact that we're inside 100 hours and the ensembles still show us getting pummeled and the OP is dry is ridiculous to me, and I'll side with the ensembles.

Only thing I am holding onto is this past system on Tuesday that northern stream energy kept digging further south with each model run once we were inside 48 hours, that's wish casting, but we need to get lucky here.

Only thing I am holding onto is this past system on Tuesday that northern stream energy kept digging further south with each model run once we were inside 48 hours, that's wish casting, but we need to get lucky here.

That's true . We didn't think that would come south but it did. Fat lady is still in the dressing room.

LOL  

It can suck you in when a potential winter storm is on the horizon. 

I stepped away for a few hours (about to head out for a bite to eat shortly).  I'll probably be checking back in later this evening. 

Enjoy your evening (away from the computer and models, lol)!

Do you think the kicker has anything to do with that? I've been looking at that and it hasn't been consistent with each run of the GFS, it comes weaker or stronger with various northern stream energy positions. Same with the Euro. I mean it's a difference between a 5 contour kicker vs a 1 contour kicker.

Do you think the kicker has anything to do with that? I've been looking at that and it hasn't been consistent with each run of the GFS, it comes weaker or stronger with various northern stream energy positions. Same with the Euro. I mean it's a difference between a 5 contour kicker vs a 1 contour kicker.

Good question, nobody has mentioned that, atleast not yet.

Well that explains why. You are from South Bend! I'm from the North as well.

No - not from South Bend, From Jax FL; I lived in South Bend for 7 years (school) but no one knew how to say "y'all" (nor try as I might could I teach them) so I got smart, packed my bags, and came home to quail hunt.

Sherman in reverse ....

Archived