joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 21-22nd Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SE MI back in the snow but we're still ice? That seems kind of off.

I believe they have a bit of ice to get through first. Still site i use shows around 6 in the northern burbs and about 2 down by Josh.. Keep in mind the model is spewing out 2+ inches of QPF.. :yikes: Yeah all can figure out the rest. Still it is a improvement over 12z. Ofcourse that depends on ones viewpoint.

Last 5 runs of the Euro, starting from 5 runs ago to tonights, look at the hours at the top. Couldn't get the animated gif to work on this post but click the link and you'll see the loop.

http://i.picasion.com/pic76/f2ac0d7a409ef091d105c3bc9509f6e1.gif

North south north north now south. Crazy gradient in se mi on tonight's run. Dare I say new years all over again...

I'd love to see a 925mb temp available on the Euro.  Maybe there is somewhere and I'm missing it.  I'm guessing there must be a warm layer somewhere as the thickness values hold at or above 540 deep into the sub 0C 850mb/surface temp region.  Obviously thickness values aren't the end all or anything, but I'd kill to see a sounding in an area where the surface/850 is well below freezing, yet well above 540.  For that reason I'm gonna remain a little hesitant to go too crazy with the WxBell clownies.

Archived