e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 21-22nd Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The moisture bands trailing along the cold front stay south of the border. Similar to what the GFS showed i believe. So its a one time hit and a crucifying one too. It looks pretty disorganized with very little precip on the NW side. 

I still don't follow. Is it still showing heavy QPF for YYZ and is most of that QPF still ice?

Now that the 00z model suite is complete, I think we can all agree there is pretty much zero confidence in any solution working out correctly at this point.  Sort of feels like we've entered some kind of data void window, where models aren't being fed all the information they need.  Personally, my confidence in seeing a decent snow here isn't that great anymore, but at this point who really knows.  I'm sure tomorrow is gonna feature a whole new batch of curve balls.

Would anybody be surprised if we're back to a wound up solution at 12z?  12z to 00z has been another example of how things can change and why it's silly to get too worked up when there's still a few days to go.

Not I.. Why i have given up trying to figure what this thing will do. lol

I have seen a lot of talk about the influence of the lake for the lakeshore communities in the GTA. I had to go and double check the last ice storm we had which was in April and the winds were from the NE. Even along the immediate lakeshore where I am the trees were coated in light layer of ice and that was in mid April. One question though, how much colder do you think the lake is compared to mid april storm? Essentially what I am saying is that if I can see Ice in mid april along the lakeshore, I see no reason why the lakeshore is sparred this time around

Archived