• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 21-22nd Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

That wasn't really my point. I'm simply pointing out that this could be the start of a trend (maybe) and at least it's in the right direction. The GEM was nearly throwing out Jan 1998 ice storm solutions before this run.

Haven't seen what sfc temps look like but verbatim I'm guessing the NAM is pretty toasty. OB's grinch storm on display.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Double barrel.

Out to 60 on e-wall. Gonna be nice for parts of MO, IA, WI, and MI...I think.

this is really ugly, orphaned 850 cutting west of Chicago as best moisture races at light speed east. Will lay down a thin 6-10" stripe but crap the bed as it heads NE. Even Bo will torch. Canada people can probably stop worrying about anything other than a light glazing.

nam_namer_063_850_temp_ht.gif

I really don't believe we will get the direct hit with this one. Maybe its me trying not to get my hopes up, but not feeling this one at all. How many storms make that last 50 mi jump north the day of the storm. I know those just to the south in chitown have seen it happen to them when I get big snows.

I really don't believe we will get the direct hit with this one. Maybe its me trying not to get my hopes up, but not feeling this one at all. How many storms make that last 50 mi jump north the day of the storm. I know those just to the south in chitown have seen it happen to them when I get big snows.

Can't say I blame you at all.   Happens here all the time  ... day of storm ... everything in the models look perfect ... results => 50-150 miles NW get hammered.

meh. The SLP is going to race off well to your east and that 850 low can only go so far west. The bigger issue will be the lack of moisture left for the ULL to play with and super brief duration.

The models still want to ruin Xmas with a devastating ice storm for Toronto :-( Can't wait for my candlelit Xmas dinner with non perishables on the menu....

The NAM does not show an ice storm for toronto...it's at worst a minor glaze followed by a torch and heavy rain. The much talked about cold low level NE flow looks weak sauce, where as the WAA is impressive.

That solution is a ton of rain here. It looks like a lot of NE surface winds though until the low passes by. Even though it's torching at 850, it won't be torching at the surface with NE winds. It will may torch here briefly if the low does indeed travel west of here but I really wonder what the surface temps will be for most of the rain. This could be one nasty ice storm if the surface is cold enough.

Archived