amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Pittsburgh/Western Pa Weather

meatwad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to call this a bust in the North Hills. I had about a 1/4 inch and nothing really heavy. Then in the last 10 minutes we had a white out with strong winds that dropped about 1/2 inch that quick. Everything is covered. I thought for sure when the winds were howling that I was going to hear some thunder but none yet. Somebody may see some lightning or hear some thunder. I see most of the lightning strikes have been in Eastern Ohio.

Picked up over 1" last night.

I got around an inch, thus far I have about 1.5 on the ground. Looks like our next chance for snow is tomorrow afternoon with the passage of the arctic front. Possibly another squall line? Seems like areas to the South of Pittsburgh will be better off with this upcoming storm as well which is a change from earlier this winter. Hoping to pick up another inch tomorrow evening into Tuesday.

GFS seems to have backed off on breaking down the ridge and flooding the country with pacific air and is showing more of just a relaxation so hopefully we can get something juicier to track in 7-10 days.

I got around an inch, thus far I have about 1.5 on the ground. Looks like our next chance for snow is tomorrow afternoon with the passage of the arctic front. Possibly another squall line? Seems like areas to the South of Pittsburgh will be better off with this upcoming storm as well which is a change from earlier this winter. Hoping to pick up another inch tomorrow evening into Tuesday.

GFS seems to have backed off on breaking down the ridge and flooding the country with pacific air and is showing more of just a relaxation so hopefully we can get something juicier to track in 7-10 days.

This weekend arctic front seems to be looking stronger each run. 

Archived