northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Pre-Christmas Winter Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM drills STL with freezing rain after 120 hours per the meteogram.

Yeah, I think they get it good. Meteocentre p-type maps updated. Looks like mix up to the south side of Chicago at 132 hours, snow to the west/north. 100% rain for LAF. Probably a relatively cold rain at that. 

Yeah, I think they get it good. Meteocentre p-type maps updated. Looks like mix up to the south side of Chicago at 132 hours, snow to the west/north. 100% rain for LAF. Probably a relatively cold rain at that. 

I thought for sure we'd have more ice.  I'll be interested to see the total accumulation maps when they come out to see how far away it is.

Oh, and :guitar:...nice little speck near us

post-14-0-79323300-1387259263_thumb.gif

Yep...At least that's becoming a bit more consistent as time goes by...for now that is.

Yep.. Trick is ( for me it is ) getting it fully inside of 120hrs. Just about there with that. Sure we may still see some subtle shifts but it should be nothing extreme as far as track goes. Ofcourse even a few miles can make or break someone in this kind of set up especially with the ice threat looming large.

Yep.. Trick is ( for me it is ) getting it fully inside of 120hrs. Just about there with that. Sure we may still see some subtle shifts but it should be nothing extreme as far as track goes. Ofcourse even a few miles can make or break someone in this kind of set up especially with the ice threat looming large.

Indeed.

It also helps that what will be the main (southern stream) wave is sitting over Alaska, and the network up there.

Keep us updated, I wasted my evening on the Lions and I mind as well stay up now. 

Will do.. Good to see you.

Not gonna lie.. Watching this model slowly roll out i imagine is like waiting to see if the judge is gonna give you the death penalty or give you a large settlement of millions. :yikes:

Archived