• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 13-14th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

I live near Howell.  I got into Livingston County out of over taxed Oakland. I get a bit less snow then AA and WL but t-storms are much better than WL and storm chasing here is easy ... Flint, AA and Lansing are within 30 mins.

Nice, where are you exactly?

I'm just north of M59 off Byron rd.

I don't think there is any snowfall average difference between Ann Arbor or Walled Lake... I work in both cities quite a bit and have good comparison intervals, its hit or miss.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using 12:1 snow ratios, 6".

^ Btw, I dont have access to the premium, but i know the guy that does so i get it from him lol. 

Thanks for posting the text. Definitely a great run for us, especially considering the ups-and-downs of the trends over the last 5 days or so.

Temps are nice and cold too, wouldn't be surprised to see a snow equivalent a bit better than 12:1.... 15:1 not out of the realm of possibility (at least for part of the event).

I don't think you're allowed to post those Snowstorms. I'd send it to him via PM.

Oh alright! I deleted the post. I got a friend who's in one of my classes at University and he's doing Meteorology (not what I'm doing), and he has access to this stuff. I told him about these forums, maybe he'll join one day, lol. 

You might not be allowed to post WxBell stuff. 

And even if you were allowed, WxBell maps are pretty sketchy.  I've seen them produce snow where 850 temps were +2 C before.

Yeah I deleted the post. Yeah you have to get raw data, usually snow maps dont really offer insight, their more broad. 

yep, any one looking for hope needs to take notice of this and temper expectations.

Looks like a foreign vs American model battle shaping up in your area.  This is purely anecdotal but it seems like the foreign suite wins out more often than not when that's the case. 

Looks like a foreign vs American model battle shaping up in your area.  This is purely anecdotal but it seems like the foreign suite wins out more often than not when that's the case. 

The GGEM seems to be most consistent, with the GFS least, if that's worth anything.  The UKMET also shifted north slightly in this areas from its 0z, but it's still only ~0.1"-0.2" imby.

Along with the NAM shifting south today, it seems that a decent consensus for a central IL/central IN band is emerging (with the exception of, I think it was the Euro, that has a dryslot in that same area).

The GGEM seems to be most consistent, with the GFS least, if that's worth anything.  The UKMET also shifted north slightly in this areas from its 0z, but it's still only ~0.1"-0.2" imby.

Along with the NAM shifting south today, it seems that a decent consensus for a central IL/central IN band is emerging (with the exception of, I think it was the Euro, that has a dryslot in that same area).

Ah, I forgot to look at UKIE precip.   I once read that it tended to place it too far south. 

Archived