joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 13-14th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GEM with a bullseye of LES around YYZ. 

The GFS has also trended towards the Nam as well. 

Odds are increasing, lets hope we can get a more better understanding once its fully sampled. As SSC mentioned, the conditions in place, should be favorable for Toronto to cash in on some LES, if the track stays in line for a good wind alignment. 

Still going with a general 5-8cm. The potential is there for more if LES plays a role esp south of about Highway 7. 

12z GEM with a bullseye of LES around YYZ. 

Yup.

GEM has been remarkably consistent with LES for the western GTA and 'sauga. EC calling for 2-4" whereas the GFS and GEM have 6"; really comes down to how the lake enhancement affects totals. At this point I think 2-4" is a good call with local amounts of up to 6" for some western spots.

I could see NE regions like northern Scarborough, Markham, etc seeing only a couple inches out of this, with Etobicoke seeing 4"+

Oshawa may barely see an inch

Tough forecast for Chicago proper.  Minor wobbles either way could make the difference between very little and perhaps 3" or more. 

Yeah, it's right there.  I am still going to stick with 0"-1" north of I-80, and 2"-6" south of I-80.  If the system comes in 20 miles north, then, all bets are off.  I won't quote odds either way at this point. 

Yup.

GEM has been remarkably consistent with LES for the western GTA and 'sauga. EC calling for 2-4" whereas the GFS and GEM have 6"; really comes down to how the lake enhancement affects totals. At this point I think 2-4" is a good call with local amounts of up to 6" for some western spots.

I could see NE regions like northern Scarborough, Markham, etc seeing only a couple inches out of this, with Etobicoke seeing 4"+

Oshawa may barely see an inch

We'll see what the EURO says but that's probably what my prelim. call will be as well.

Guys, that GGEM run is through 120. It's contaminated by the clipper at the end of the period. Can probably shave about 5mm off of it. Still impressive though.

Yes good point, should have mentioned that. Posted it primarily to emphasize the LE band on the model.

Anyone have EURO text data for YYZ?

Yes good point, should have mentioned that. Posted it primarily to emphasize the LE band on the model.

Anyone have EURO text data for YYZ?

12Z DEC12

2 M     850     SFC     SFC     700    6 HR     500    1000 

TMP     TMP     PRS     RHU     RHU     QPF     HGT     500 

©     ©    (MB)    (PCT)   (PCT)   (IN)    (DM)     THK 

SAT 12Z 14-DEC -11.1   -15.2    1032      66     100    0.03     545     521    

SAT 18Z 14-DEC  -7.1   -13.3    1026      74      98    0.08     543     524    

SUN 00Z 15-DEC  -6.7   -10.3    1019      83      99    0.14     540     526    

SUN 06Z 15-DEC  -6.3    -8.2    1012      88      99    0.20     535     526

SUN 12Z 15-DEC -11.1   -10.0    1012      88      56    0.03     533     524

Using 12:1 snow ratios, 6".

^ Btw, I dont have access to the premium, but i know the guy that does so i get it from him lol. 

Definitely. 100% snow cover for the whole subforum then.

Just can't wait for all the grasstips to go! At least there is snow on the ground, but its time for a blanket. What's funny is this is the 4th day in a row of snow depth 1" from a climo perspective, but I technically haven't had snow depth of solid 1" since march. (Depth was 0.6 thanksgiving, and has ranged 0.5-0.7" this week). Few inches of powder and ill be content...but many more are welcomed!

Archived