e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 2013 obs and discussion

Ian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is that gonna mess up our warmer than normal 5 days with warmer than normal temps and mess up our possible 60 degree plus day.   It probably does mean our lows will be on the warm side relatively speaking. 

It could. Tho given we're like 7 degrees off the normal high at 9a we might be alright. Seems the cold has become stale if nothing else.

I'm up to 46 so DCA should end up above normal this afternoon.

Still 45 at DCA, could be close. I see clear to the south but assuming it's not coming this way. Think avg is still 52 tho maybe it's 51 by now.

Edit: forgot low was warm so that will help

I'm hangin at 41 under the beautiful grey skies. I don't think I'll hit 50.

ETA:

Ian, what are the rules regarding posting wxbell maps? Can I post euro and gfs ensemble means?

Ryan initially said no precip or temps from the euro without asking but now that he has hi res for all the big cities they are everywhere. I know ecmwf used to hunt people down but maybe they don't care anymore. If used very sparingly ill prob personally ignore but generally best to describe still.

Ryan initially said no precip or temps from the euro without asking but now that he has hi res for all the big cities they are everywhere. I know ecmwf used to hunt people down but maybe they don't care anymore. If used very sparingly ill prob personally ignore but generally best to describe still.

Fair enough, I'll stick to the rules. GEFS is ok or in the same boat? I really like the wxbell nh ens mean ht maps. Easy on the eyes. 

Fair enough, I'll stick to the rules. GEFS is ok or in the same boat? I really like the wxbell nh ens mean ht maps. Easy on the eyes. 

Only the Euro as far as I know. Everything else is fine to post.  

Ok as I am not the greatest at reading the models you all put up, I have seen some talk about a system coming in next week that may bare watching. My parents will be driving up from FL leaving next Tue I believe. Their current travel route is 75 to 85 to 77 to 81 and then into Frederick. They take this route because as with me cannot stand 95. I have informed them a few weeks back that while December is not usually snowy/icy for us that it has happened before especially along 81. I do not want to alert them just yet, as if I do my mom will start freaking out about travel. But is this system a legitimate system? I have told them they may have to come up 95 in case of any weather so they are prepared to change routes. 

I will keep an eye on things but just wanted to get some more sound information. Thanks in advance for your help!

Ok as I am not the greatest at reading the models you all put up, I have seen some talk about a system coming in next week that may bare watching. My parents will be driving up from FL leaving next Tue I believe. 

Don't think there will be much to worry about on any major road if they leave tuesday from FL. All the action appears to be centered around late sun-early mon. And we go above freezing for a time before it cools off again. 

Not that any of us care much about warm rain, but the GFS purples Leesburg on Fri-Sat and is 1"+ for everyone.  

it's weird to have multiple events on the horizon that might drop more than 0.1" liquid 

Archived