Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2013 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went out to get an espresso. Foam froze within 30 seconds of walking out the door of the coffee place.

I'm still amazed that people came here and stayed.

Especially when you consider that there was no central heating back then. I remember back in mid January 2011 when Ottawa had a high of minus 23 without the windchill. I walked down to the local Dairy Queen and by the time I got home my pop (soda) had frozen solid!

Sitting at 10F at the noon hour.  Nice blue skies...sun feels great. 

Lots of ice fishing this weekend.  Should be plenty of ice all over now, minus the main channel. 

That's my hope locally, we get thick enough lakes that I can do some drag racing on the lake, heaven forbid we have snow down here.

I adopted my Australian Cattle Dog in early spring from a no kill shelter in Southern Illinois....they saved him from a kill shelter in Georgia....A resident in Georgia found him wandering in a forest with no tags....

I'm not sure if he has seen snow before or not honestly, so I'm kinda excited to see his reaction when we get a little blanket down....hopefully soon

Good news is the ground is going to get a good freeze for once with the cold temps and the lack of +SN. Been a while since the frost was 12" or better I think around here. With all the zero tilling in the region I think a good frost will aid in the soil conditions in the upcoming growing seasons.

looks like a fun week...

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL

OUR AREA WILL SPEND MUCH OF NEXT WEEK ON THE FRINGES OF THE
EXPANSIVE ARCTIC AIR MASS THAT BLANKETS MUCH OF THE NORTHERN AND
WESTERN CONUS. A COUPLE CLIPPERS PASSING TO OUR NORTH WILL BRINGING
ALTERNATING SHORTS OF MEAGER WARM (OR LESS COLD) AIR ADVECTION
FOLLOWED BY RE-ENFORCING SHOTS OF ARCTIC AIR. WINDS WILL RAMP UP
WITH THE CLIPPERS AND LIKELY SEND WIND CHILLS SUBZERO...POSSIBLE
EVEN COLDER THAN 10 BELOW.

DLL -

My pond froze over solid last night. Probably a couple inches of ice already has formed.

The snow tomorrow will stick instantly. Roads are free of salt too, so driving will likely be slick at the beginning of this event moving in. 

Otherwise the sun is shining today.  :sun:

Archived