joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2013 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If days like today were common all winter, I'd rather move to Miami. 40℉ weather has no practical value outside of washing the car in the winter.

Did that today! Had quite a bit of salt on it really.

It does seem like it will be boring through Wednesday at least.

We're actually not far off from having a severe threat on the 3rd-4th.  Achieving quality low level moisture return in time seems like it's going to be a problem so I don't think anything is really going to come of it but a little more and things might've been different.

Yeah the deep moisture is really lacking for this system.  Some of the wind profiles in the warm sector are pretty enticing.  I'm kind of glad though, as I don't think I can handle another chase bust in 2013 lol.

Hit 45 today here.  DVN showing 63, and still shows 50.  Looks like their sensor's ****ting the bed.

Snowfreeks downtown pics made me think of the one in Windsor. Decided to pack up the kids and have some fun. Arrived down town to a oversized puddle where the rink should be.:(

On a bright note I will be able to do some night time washing on some Tim Horton's for the finial fall clean up.

Miserable weather here this morning, 36F and foggy. 90% of our snow has melted at this point, pond ice starting to break up.

Forecast continues to look terrible until the weekend. Forecast highs and lows all well above freezing, finishing with 46 on Thursday as the storm system travels to the north before we move back to some flurry possibility beginning Friday.

Miserable weather here this morning, 36F and foggy. 90% of our snow has melted at this point, pond ice starting to break up.

Forecast continues to look terrible until the weekend. Forecast highs and lows all well above freezing, finishing with 46 on Thursday as the storm system travels to the north before we move back to some flurry possibility beginning Friday.

At least it's looking promising for next week in terms of cold. The pond should freeze up again and hopefully keep the Canada Geese away.

At least it's looking promising for next week in terms of cold. The pond should freeze up again and hopefully keep the Canada Geese away.

Before the weekend warmup, most bodies of water around here were frozen over the weekend and the geese left. I saw a few more over return over the weekend.

Before the weekend warmup, most bodies of water around here were frozen over the weekend and the geese left. I saw a few more over return over the weekend.

Geese fought hard around here haha. Witnessed large groups of geese chewing at the edge of some open water to attempt to clear more ice for themselves, interesting behaviour I had never noticed before.

Geese.....you go first.....no I'll go first.....no wait....

This is from a few days ago....it took them about 5 minutes to sort out where they were going and who was going to lead the way....glad none of them got scared, as they were doing all of this straight overhead :raining: 

post-5865-0-69676500-1386004278_thumb.jp

Geese fought hard around here haha. Witnessed large groups of geese chewing at the edge of some open water to attempt to clear more ice for themselves, interesting behaviour I had never noticed before.

Interesting. They were probably thinking, "We're going to stop this ice if it's the last thing we do!" lol

After Friday, probably all hope will be lost, especially if it snows too.

Geese.....you go first.....no I'll go first.....no wait....

This is from a few days ago....it took them about 5 minutes to sort out where they were going and who was going to lead the way....glad none of them got scared, as they were doing all of this straight overhead :raining: 

attachicon.gif2013-11-27 14.54.50.jpg

Pretty much the only migrating bird that hasn't left totally here. I've noticed that too also... they can't decide, which way to go.

Up to the upper 30s here in Racine, mostly cloudy.

Hopefully this month works out (when you hear Dec 1989, 2000, 2008 bandied about so frequently, it's hard to think it won't). If it doesn't though it'll be the 5th straight dud December at YYZ, a trend that is starting to scare me a bit.

Well on the flip side this November was far better than the past few years, since 2008. Near normal snowfall and below normal temperatures. Broke a record low too. 

The next 2 weeks do look interesting to say the least. A gradient pattern setting up with the possibility of STJ interaction. Looks like edmonton stays way below normal through the next 1-2 weeks ;) hows the storm coming along? 

Well on the flip side this November was far better than the past few years, since 2008. Near normal snowfall and below normal temperatures. Broke a record low too. 

The next 2 weeks do look interesting to say the least. A gradient pattern setting up with the possibility of STJ interaction. Looks like edmonton stays way below normal through the next 1-2 weeks ;) hows the storm coming along? 

Better than the last several Novembers in that we actually saw snow. But it was still below normal snowfall. Both Pearson and Downtown average AOA 3" for November. Pearson saw 1.9" and whenever the downtown station's numbers get put up, they'll likely be similar.

Storm here is pulling it out at the end. Best snowfall rates have been the last 4-5 hours when the models were showing things wrapping up. Probably 3-4" down. Might get into the low end of the 4-8" range that EC was going with.

Better than the last several Novembers in that we actually saw snow. But it was still below normal snowfall. Both Pearson and Downtown average AOA 3" for November. Pearson saw 1.9" and whenever the downtown station's numbers get put up, they'll likely be similar.

Storm here is pulling it out at the end. Best snowfall rates have been the last 4-5 hours when the models were showing things wrapping up. Probably 3-4" down. Might get into the low end of the 4-8" range that EC was going with.

Yeah, the last few Novembers have barely gotten Trace amounts. The last good November snow was 2008. It would have been better if that storm near the end tracked a bit more West and was cooler but I guess we could live with whatever we got.  

And thats awesome. I was expecting you'd get more, than that. Did the storm track further south than anticipated? I guess the really cold temperatures are creating different types of ice crystals like the ones we saw during the GHD storm? Still awesome. You should post some pictures. 

The new "guidelines" are terrible.

Will be sticking to the old 6hr way.

If you wouldn't mind, could you post your thoughts in that thread?  I wanted to get discussion focused in one general area rather than have it spread out through the various sub-forums, where it was unlikely to be as vigorously debated.  Hence my posting the link to the thread topic, rather than posting the link to the new guidelines all over.

Archived