joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sat / Sun Light Snow Event?

Tropopause_Fold

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's threads all over the place. if we're going to start threads for weak OES signals and a 30-40% of snow/rain showers we might as well have PF start threads for every upslope event he gets that effect six moose and a bunch of skiers.

:lol: It can often be the only weather to talk about in New England. I'd rather talk big storms, but you use what your given.

Hopefully we can manage to lock in some LL cold and keep the inch or 2 that falls OTG with a little ice on top.. Sometimes these trend colder at the surface a bit as you get closer..we'll see

Do you really think there's enough moisture to drop that much?  I'm guessing little more than a dusting--but I tend to underestimate.

RPM has some light OES going by around midnight +/- on the Outer Cape....gradually slips S and W from there. same general theme on all the midday wrf runs really. 

Was a little surprised to see the later shift back down on percentages and any mention of accumulations out your way.  Can clearly see the first few cloud streamers starting to roll S as the day ends over the bay.  No tops to them...definitely going to have an issue with some of the aspects mentioned by KTAN.   But it's already starting to form up.  Right now as the clouds make it almost to the beaches on the north side they appear to be drying up.

Was a little surprised to see the later shift back down on percentages and any mention of accumulations out your way.  Can clearly see the first few cloud streamers starting to roll S as the day ends over the bay.  No tops to them...definitely going to have an issue with some of the aspects mentioned by KTAN.   But it's already starting to form up.  Right now as the clouds make it almost to the beaches on the north side they appear to be drying up.

i haven't read their discussion but i can imagine what their thoughts are.

have never really expected this to be a blockbuster :lol:

my feeling is, just nice to see some snow in the air...especially prior to 12/1. if there's a dusting / coating in spots, great. 

i haven't read their discussion but i can imagine what their thoughts are.

have never really expected this to be a blockbuster :lol:

my feeling is, just nice to see some snow in the air...especially prior to 12/1. if there's a dusting / coating in spots, great. 

I think the cautious approach was probably right until at least the snow showers are seen developing.  This is a tough one with some dry air and not much support towards 8h.  It seems like about 1/2 the time when it's borderline like this the lines fail to develop at all.  

When does this "storm" start. Phil drinkin red bulls waiting for a weenie flake to drift under his street light.

Next few hours. 4km nam pushes snow all the way back to pilgrim county for 5-6 hours late tonight. Flurries showers or squalls.... Looks more like the first two....but I'm surprised there are returns already so who knows.

Archived