Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Sat / Sun Light Snow Event?

Tropopause_Fold

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From an OES standpoint looks like nothing more than some clouds and maybe a few flurries unless I'm missing something.  Plenty cold aloft but winds off the deck really aren't favorable unless you're on the extreme outer cape.  Whether or not lower levels winds off the water are able to generate more significant precip...I doubt it based on current progs but fingers crossed.

Second event looks warm on the coast and anywhere south of the Pike as of now.

From an OES standpoint looks like nothing more than some clouds and maybe a few flurries unless I'm missing something. Plenty cold aloft but winds off the deck really aren't favorable unless you're on the extreme outer cape. Whether or not lower levels winds off the water are able to generate more significant precip...I doubt it based on current progs but fingers crossed.

Second event looks warm on the coast and anywhere south of the Pike as of now.

It's not an ideal set-up.

But do think there will be some flakes in the air. Maybe confined to mid and outer cape

We'll have to keep an eye on that coastal....high pressure is nosing down a bit and its been trending closer. The airmass is kind of stale so there's not much margin.

Before that, we should see some light snow break out on sunday, but it will be warming throughout the day, so it could change to RA-.

I don't like the OES signal or lack thereof for Sunday. Monday looks to be a coastal front developing into warm front and move into Warm air advection signal. Coastal storm for Monday and Tuesday looks colder through today's model runs compared to previous runs. I see a potential OES event Saturday as initial clipper moves through and reinforces cold air aloft and at 850mb.

I don't like the OES signal or lack thereof for Sunday. Monday looks to be a coastal front developing into warm front and move into Warm air advection signal. Coastal storm for Monday and Tuesday looks colder through today's model runs compared to previous runs. I see a potential OES event Saturday as initial clipper moves through and reinforces cold air aloft and at 850mb.

yes, OES would not be sunday. certainly not. 

fri PM / sat. and most likely rather light.

interior may get some mood snows sat night into sun before things likely transition to light rain

I don't think Saturday will have much of anything in the interior. Sunday is th ebetter day for that.

I think the coastline will have ocean enhanced snows Friday night into Saturday, as flow backs northerly at the surface and to northwest at 850mb. Cld temps at 850mb in combination with 40F sea surface temperatures will aide in delta Ts approaching 20C+ for a time as clipper low moves overhead and to the east.

This small event is still a go on most guidance. Still looks like light snow on early Sunday perhaps transitioning to a light rain before ending.

We still have to watch the potential coastal/scraper behind it for next Tuesday. It is cold enough on guidance for mainly snow now, but it might go wide right.

Does this thread for today/tomorrow include observations as well?  Not sure where to put things.  But, I'll start here until directed otherwise.

Winds are blowing pretty good here at the Pit.  Have recorded a 30mph gust and 20mph sustained. 

Not too cold, but the breeze will undoubtedly have it feeling nippy.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

22.8/15

Let's grab 1-2 inches Sunday and with the cold high to the Ne lock in ll cold and cap it off with some freezing drizzle

I'm not very optimistic about locking in the low level cold as the high slides pretty far east. It will try and hold for a while but I think eventually it warms up.

Let's grab 1-2 inches Sunday and with the cold high to the Ne lock in ll cold and cap it off with some freezing drizzle

Here's to hoping....

I'll be at world headquarters in Cedar Rapids and in Philadelphia M-F.  I hope  you guys get a good storm on Tuesday while I'm sitting in 40* in IA.

22.3/14

Scott--is this leaning more toward eastern areas?

Some flurry activity going on here at the Pit now.

Well I could see the cape getting a little OES and then a separate area from CT up into the Berks getting snow-->ice-->rain and points east. It may start over CT and the berks first..then move east. So sort of two separate things.

Archived