Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries I believe we will be tracking the next snow ice threat as early as this weekend what a fantastic start to winter this has been against all odds. Weather World's 30 day call was a good one with the prediction of split flow, cold and wild start with winter weather.

Btw next 30 day call is for mostly a repeat of the last 30 days pattern with the exception of more mild swings thrown in but that was pretty much a given with this torchy weekend coming.

Underperforming high of 39F today 

Question for Ray and the pros....how does a +PNA ridge differ from a -EPO ridge or are they essentially the same thing? From what I've studied, both have a ridge in the western us and a trof in the east. What differences do we have between the two? And which drives the other? Thanks.

I'm no expert, but I believe the EPO ridge is generally centered further west over Alaska, while the PNA ridge is over the west coast or even a bit inland.

A very nice start to winter these last two weeks! Now we melt. Question is: What happens in December, will the winter remember?

For a while I was thinking of 89-90, which started out early and great, but never quite got it together after the pre-holiday melt. The last few days have shown more promise towards mid-range, which is encouraging. I'm okay with the warm up/melt-offs, as long as we don't have to wait too long for things to get interesting.  The beauty of it is, each winter is unique, and this winter so far has had some nice surprises.

what the heck does the 80's reference mean??

Only that low temperatures have risen in the last 25 years for whatever reason 

I know the last 20 years in lived Horsham i noticed an increase in low temps i always figured was from explosive development in the township and growing urban heat island 

certainly possible - just glad you didn't blame it on global warming....I mean climate change etc.....

Only that low temperatures have risen in the last 25 years for whatever reason 

I know the last 20 years in lived Horsham i noticed an increase in low temps i always figured was from explosive development in the township and growing urban heat island 

Temp been rising here in NW Chesco since 2am - temp already up to 50.5 - record today for Chester County is 63.0 set way back in 1895 - tomorrow's record is only 61.2 from 1998

Should be the last day of snowcover - but what a run. Will be looking back in my record bank to see last time we had 13 days of snowcover before Christmas

Archived