Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Models continue to back away from cold winning the war next weekend unfortunately. Two white christmases, one crust in the shade white christmas(mostly white front lawn thanks to tree protection on south side) and one almost(boxing day) white christmas locally the last five seasons odds don't favor another white

If you are referring to this upcoming Friday/Saturday - I'd say 60 will be tough to come by, nevermind 70.  My guess is 56 is the highest it gets at KPHL in that time frame.

Agree,  proximity of the cold front will determine if we're in the 40's with rain showers or pushing 60 with a little sun.

Tendency of late is for cold to outdo warm.   Either way, the snow on the ground takes a bit hit.    Some models showing

a renewal of snow for Christmas Eve.

Looking like this will be a year when the Pacific is good the Atlantic is bad and vice versa.....we'll never get a period when they both are favorable together.

It can work well if Pacific signal relaxes and Atlantic takes over.   Atlantic signal is especially important as you get later into winter.

If the Pacific pattern stinks then way more often than not it will overwhelm pretty much whatever the Atlantic is doing unless there is a remarkable block......we are not going to get a remarkable Atlantic block this year according to most experts on here.

It can work well if Pacific signal relaxes and Atlantic takes over.   Atlantic signal is especially important as you get later into winter.

Had an interesting ride down to Fogelsville with my first water load of the day. It was about 5:30AM, and whenever I got up onto an elevated ridge, and even moreso on the Blue Mountain itself, the temps were in the low 20's. At the bottom of the Blue Mountain on the Schuylkill County side, the temp was 7 degrees as well as at my loading location in South Tamaqua where it was 8 degrees. Tamaqua proper bottomed out at 14 degrees per my station. Snowcover was the same in all locations.

Had an interesting ride down to Fogelsville with my first water load of the day. It was about 5:30AM, and whenever I got up onto an elevated ridge, and even moreso on the Blue Mountain itself, the temps were in the low 20's. At the bottom of the Blue Mountain on the Schuylkill County side, the temp was 7 degrees as well as at my loading location in South Tamaqua where it was 8 degrees. Tamaqua proper bottomed out at 14 degrees per my station. Snowcover was the same in all locations.

I'm on a 900' ridge top.  Last night at 7:30 I was 15, I woke up to 23 this morning at 5:30.  At least my afternoon highs are about 2.5F lower than the surrounding valleys :)

Archived