Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still dont get why the same posters from thos forum had to go on their own. I think the discussoons were very informative here. Their other forum isnt that active anyway. I read all 4 north east forums and still have no clue why the guys and gals abandoned the phiily forum.

Should have never had split from the old northeast forum. Forum by city is too fragmented for many.

Still dont get why the same posters from thos forum had to go on their own. I think the discussoons were very informative here. Their other forum isnt that active anyway. I read all 4 north east forums and still have no clue why the guys and gals abandoned the phiily forum.

Adam (AM19PSU) and Tom (Tombo) were unhappy with overall forum moderation for a while.  Then Tom gave Zwyts from the DC forum enough warning points (he already had some old ones) to get him auto-banned.  An admin removed some of the old warning points which contributed to his banning and Zwyts was thereby unbanned.  Apparently then someone (I think it was another mod) went into another forum and made fun of Tombo for having banned Zwyts.  Between the unbanning and the mod making fun of Tom, he'd had enough of AmWx.  Adam joined in, then the other Tom (phlwx) joined them by throwing his site to them.  Most of the Mt. Holly mets are mostly over there now.  I switch back and forth.

Plus the layout of their board is weird. The board doesn't have the most recent post first....you have to sift through to the last page, odd. , recently I just bounce back and forth between mid Atlantic and NYC forums.

Adam (AM19PSU) and Tom (Tombo) were unhappy with overall forum moderation for a while.  Then Tom gave Zwyts from the DC forum enough warning points (he already had some old ones) to get him auto-banned.  An admin removed some of the old warning points which contributed to his banning and Zwyts was thereby unbanned.  Apparently then someone (I think it was another mod) went into another forum and made fun of Tombo for having banned Zwyts.  Between the unbanning and the mod making fun of Tom, he'd had enough of AmWx.  Adam joined in, then the other Tom (phlwx) joined them by throwing his site to them.  Most of the Mt. Holly mets are mostly over there now.  I switch back and forth.

thanks for the explanation Ray. I never knew the whole story, although I have finally found my way to their new site. I haven't joined yet, but I have been lurking lately! I don't have the weather knowledge of many on these boards, I mainly read to try to learn, post some obs, and ask a question from time to time. If that would be acceptable over there, I will consider joining. I know the Lehigh Valley isn't well represented and probably most on both boards may not care that much about what goes on up here, but I enjoy being a part of it. Thanks.

Down to 42 here just north of Reading. Dropping fast. Will be interesting to see if we see the changeover sooner than models depicted. Definitely seems like it's going to happen at this point. 12z NAM more impressed with the Monday system. Looked like it got a few inches of snow into the city. More n & w. We shall see if the other models follow suite. 

Down to 42 here just north of Reading. Dropping fast. Will be interesting to see if we see the changeover sooner than models depicted. Definitely seems like it's going to happen at this point. 12z NAM more impressed with the Monday system. Looked like it got a few inches of snow into the city. More n & w. We shall see if the other models follow suite. 

If 12z NAM is right, we might need a Winter Storm Warning here.  But we all know how it overplays QPF.  

...still could be a close call. 

Just with the 540 line....even the 6 hour forecast from 12z, says It's still back in Western PA somewhere.    shallow cold.

If 12z NAM is right, we might need a Winter Storm Warning here.  But we all know how it overplays QPF.  

...still could be a close call. 

Just with the 540 line....even the 6 hour forecast from 12z, says It's still back in Western PA somewhere.    shallow cold.

Warning criteria for today's system or Mondays? Didn't see anything on tonight's snow. I'll be keeping an eye on the Central PA obs thread as to where this rn/sn line is. 

18z nam shows 2 impulses coming thru one sunday night one monday am. First wave looks mainly frozen snow sleet and freezing rain. Second wave might start as frozen even along i95 before ending as light rain. This is based off of 2m temps on the 18z nam which is probably overdone with qpf but usually is good with cad.

Archived