Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
November 26-28 Coastal Storm Discussion and Obs

DCAlexandria

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SNOW FOR ME! :)

That's always a bit tricky-- because it warms as the moisture gets closer. 

Not feeling too confident ROA sees much on the front end. We normally don't do very well in these events, but who knows. Had a few surprises from the late winter/early spring storms last year.

Not feeling too confident ROA sees much on the front end. We normally don't do very well in these events, but who knows. Had a few surprises from the late winter/early spring storms last year.

Yeah, I think we get the 20 minute burst of sleet and then some ZR-- ZR change over between 10am and noon. 

gfs is kinda meh

attachicon.gifgfs_tprecip_washdc_17.png

The precip distribution and evolution looks really weird....at 24 the max is along and west of the front then at 30 hours it jumps to the east side like the convective scheme kicked in and there hardly and precip near the front.  Only way west of it or east of it in what looks like a feeder band.  I'm with it probably being an outlier. 

The lack of precip probably is also playing a role in the warmer GFS. 

yeah that's true. i agree with your other assessment.. seemed like the precip skipped around us. if you fill in the hole it looks like the other guidance. ;)

in other news leesburg stays in the pink cloud.. but the blie ridge is looking a bit better

BZ-C7KhCcAAawp7.jpg

yeah that's true. i agree with your other assessment.. seemed like the precip skipped around us. if you fill in the hole it looks like the other guidance. ;)

in other news leesburg stays in the pink cloud.. but the blie ridge is looking a bit better

(DT GRAPHIC)

Does he not even check his FINAL CALL maps for spelling mistakes and such? The C zone explanation is funny too, I am sure he meant "closer to the zone"  :facepalm:

Archived