Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Let's talk winter!

Steve

12z euro...   -20 Tuesday morning across Franklin County

Ugh, a little too cold for my blood. Our power went out for about 5 minutes at night during the early Jan freeze when it was -9 by my gauge. Just long enough for panic to begin to set in. Between that and the loud booms my deck was making it was a stressful night.

I really need to pull the trigger and buy a generator.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CLE put up winterstorm watches all the way down to knox and marion. Wonder if ILN will go with watches, snow amounts are closer to what you would expect under an advisory but the wind in combination is why they went with a watch.

It'll be interesting to see. PBZ went with advisories. Snow amounts won't technically meet warning criteria but there will be a whole lot of blowing snow.

I would just like to see one of their snowfall forecasts verify this winter.  They've consistently been way too high.

So that 1"-3" forecast is probably another 0.5".

looks like they're going with 2-4" with highest in central OH.   Modeling suggests this as well.  I noticed the 18z rgem bullseyes CMH Saturday.  Strange that they held off on an advisory when PIT, who is east of us and would feel the effects later issued advisories.  

But I'm with you, we need to crack that 2" mark, it's been too damn long and too many lost opportunities ever since our luck turned a few weeks ago.

looks like they're going with 2-4" with highest in central OH.   Modeling suggests this as well.  I noticed the 18z rgem bullseyes CMH Saturday.  Strange that they held off on an advisory when PIT, who is east of us and would feel the effects later issued advisories.  

But I'm with you, we need to crack that 2" mark, it's been too damn long and too many lost opportunities ever since our luck turned a few weeks ago.

Eh, models have sucked and they have not given us what they advertised, so it's hard to take them seriously. 

Maybe ILN has also realized that their snow forecasts have been awful and have chosen to be more reserved from here on out.  I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than underwhelmed at this point.

Eh, models have sucked and they have not given us what they advertised, so it's hard to take them seriously. 

Maybe ILN has also realized that their snow forecasts have been awful and have chosen to be more reserved from here on out.  I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than underwhelmed at this point.

I think this might be part of it.  How many forecasts of 1-3 and 2-4 ended up in dustings to an inch in the last several weeks?  I can't even keep count.   As frustrating for us as it is, it's gotta blow big time for the guys putting out the forecasts.

As long as we don't lose the snowcover to a torch on Sunday, I would too.

What torch?? I have not seen a forecast above 32..

I'm currently going 38 on sunday for cmh. It will be brief and after a quick hitting inch of snow around midday (unless it goes farther north) but I think some very strong WAA will shoot us up into the upper 30s. Hopefully the brief nature of it will keep our forecast snowpack in tact. I wanta see brutal cold Tuesday morning. I mean if its gonna be this bad for so long, let's get it in the record books!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I'm currently going 38 on sunday for cmh. It will be brief and after a quick hitting inch of snow around midday (unless it goes farther north) but I think some very strong WAA will shoot us up into the upper 30s. Hopefully the brief nature of it will keep our forecast snowpack in tact. I wanta see brutal cold Tuesday morning. I mean if its gonna be this bad for so long, let's get it in the record books!

Sent from my XT1060

I am not seeing this in any of our local forecast..Why? Highest temp i see is like 31..Grant it..it will probably get to 40 or so with our luck!! :axe:  :axe:

Sent from my XT1060

I am not seeing this in any of our local forecast..Why? Highest temp i see is like 31..Grant it..it will probably get to 40 or so with our luck!! :axe:  :axe:

That's actually weird. GFS is even going 38. I think the euro was close but maybe 40.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

00z nam still has .4 cmh for both 'events'. Safely all snow. Looks like Sunday precip is morphing more into frontal snow vs. snow from the clipper.

snow is snow...i'll take it anyway it comes

Exactly. Looks like roughly .25" for the first and .15" for the second. I think in this air mass we see 15-1 ratios which should put us close to 4" for the first event. Probably more bust potential with the second one. I'd say maybe an inch with that.

00z nam still has .4 cmh for both 'events'.   Safely all snow.   Looks like Sunday precip is morphing more into frontal snow vs. snow from the clipper.    

snow is snow...i'll take it anyway it comes

Is that total..or .4 for each storm?

Archived