amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Let's talk winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0Z NAM still looks like 1-2" at most here. Meanwhile Philly gets raked with 6-8" of snow followed by blowing and drifting. Sorry, I'd take Philly winters over this screw hole known as Westerville any day.

according to the latest RAP the NAM is being generous.   My official call is .25" (snow, not qpf)

0Z NAM still looks like 1-2" at most here. Meanwhile Philly gets raked with 6-8" of snow followed by blowing and drifting. Sorry, I'd take Philly winters over this screw hole known as Westerville any day.

Welcome! come on in, Pondo and I tapped the keg about 3 hours ago....the darkside party is underway!   I'm not leaving til I have to shovel my way out.

looks like our next potential screw job could be as soon as this weekend, (I'm assuming we may overperform Wednesday with a solid half inch).  We do snowshowers pretty good here.  Meanwhile this weekend a powerhouse clipper will drop into the lower great lakes and we'll be too far south while the northern third of Ohio will receive wind and snow, and we'll get flurries.    The borders of the screw hole will be complete...north south east and west.  

I'm switching to tequila and jaeger Sunday

looks like our next potential screw job could be as soon as this weekend, (I'm assuming we may overperform Wednesday with a solid half inch). We do snowshowers pretty good here. Meanwhile this weekend a powerhouse clipper will drop into the lower great lakes and we'll be too far south while the northern third of Ohio will receive wind and snow, and we'll get flurries. The borders of the screw hole will be complete...north south east and west.

I'm switching to tequila and jaeger Sunday

Yippee!! Pass me the beer bong!!!

Frontogenesis snows about to start hitting the ground in Athens. This is a bit earlier than anticipated...my initial thoughts for here were 2-4", and while I still think it's unlikely I surpass the upper end of that over the next 12 hours, a run at 4" is possible.

Good luck down that way. You guys look sweet.

Maybe everyone's being a bit too pessimistic.  Not that we don't have some reason to be, but at this moment at least, radar doesn't look that terrible.  The northern half of Indiana has really blossomed and it's heading more east rather than south.  So the I-70 corridor may end up doing a bit better than expected.  Now, it can fall apart from here on out, but for now, there's a glimmer of hope.

Maybe everyone's being a bit too pessimistic.  Not that we don't have some reason to be, but at this moment at least, radar doesn't look that terrible.  The northern half of Indiana has really blossomed and it's heading more east rather than south.  So the I-70 corridor may end up doing a bit better than expected.  Now, it can fall apart from here on out, but for now, there's a glimmer of hope.

Yea, I've been watching that area too. It just might hit us - or slide off to our north. LOL

Ok this is for Jay,  don't mean to throw cold water on the party here but the 00z Canadian says in the period between now and this Sunday night, CMH ends up with more snow than Philly....(including the current system). :lol:

I'll believe it when I can shovel it.

LOL...yeah, I'm not buying it. Philly gets a 8-10" head start today. We'll be lucky to see 4" in the next week.

LOL...yeah, I'm not buying it. Philly gets a 8-10" head start today. We'll be lucky to see 4" in the next week.

Latest forecast for Philly has them in ground zero for this storm, 10-14 now. WOW! I know we can continue this debate forever. I really hope that I have to eat crow before the year is out and CMH lands a big one while Philly gets rain, but right now bring me home Fresh Prince of Bel Air!

I see the nam has us at around .15 for Wednesday night / Thursday.  I'm usually not a big ratio weenie but hard to imagine ratios not being pretty impressive in this air mass.   This is the kind of air mass where a greasy fart will spawn a squall.

....I'm determined to catch Philly by Monday morning....dammit :drunk:   Whens that new keg coming?

I see the nam has us at around .15 for Wednesday night / Thursday.  I'm usually not a big ratio weenie but hard to imagine ratios not being pretty impressive in this air mass.   This is the kind of air mass where a greasy fart will spawn a squall.

....I'm determined to catch Philly by Monday morning....dammit :drunk:   Whens that new keg coming?

GFS says not impressed. Buck, I will buy you a keg and have it delivered if we catch Philly by Monday. There is ZERO shot if that happening.

GFS says not impressed. Buck, I will buy you a keg and have it delivered if we catch Philly by Monday. There is ZERO shot if that happening.

Yep GFS has a very weak clipper pass by mostly to our north with a dusting. You know it'll be right. We're not even going to get half way to catching Philly's one day of snow today.

Archived