amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Let's talk winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's it doing for Fri night-Sat? Seems like we could get more than an inch with that one.

it blows....pretty much thru the entire run.  Looks like .2" snowfall for the little thingy tonight/tomorrow....around 1.5" for the fri-sat 'event'...another 1.5 for the sunday thing.

I hate the euro...lol

it blows....pretty much thru the entire run.  Looks like .2" snowfall for the little thingy tonight/tomorrow....around 1.5" for the fri-sat 'event'...another 1.5 for the sunday thing.

I hate the euro...lol

And wasn't it just like 2 days ago where it was showing like 8-10 inches for us through the next 10 days? How did Euro perform with this most recent clipper that blew up on the coast?

And wasn't it just like 2 days ago where it was showing like 8-10 inches for us through the next 10 days? How did Euro perform with this most recent clipper that blew up on the coast?

yea the euro wins no awards this year.  Although when it says we get scraps....we get scraps.  But that could be because we keep getting scraps and it keeps finding a nut.

Anyways this is the 240 total snowfall.  If it's any consolation, the entire subforum is in the same boat outside northeast OH, (that's from the sunday clipper).    The stuff you see in the midatlantic is lala land 9 day storm....which might be a good thing as it trends nw...lol.

post-622-0-43518700-1390396941_thumb.jpg

buckeye, on 17 Jan 2014 - 3:05 PM, said:snapback.png

yep....especially considering those modest snowfall totals will probably not even verify.   Euro looks kick-in-the-ballz cold from day 8 on....fugly, all I'm gonna want to do is snooze.

I'm just trying to figure out how CMH gets it's inevitable rain in this pattern.   I'm thinking a piece of the vortex breaks off and drops sw and phases with an incoming southern stream and we end up with GHD II or something like that.

This.......

Let's play who said that. What meteorologist said the following therefore jinxing us from receiving an appreciable snowfall Sun-Mon?

"I am posting the map for the Sunday into Monday storm, although I do see the new GFS did go a little north with the storm, but the trend will be to go south again because the model is blowing too much warm air into the storm. The upside of the storm is high snow accumulations once again. I can see over 6 inches of snow along the track of the storm. If it blows up along the coast like yesterday, we could see over a foot of snow."

Let's play who said that. What meteorologist said the following therefore jinxing us from receiving an appreciable snowfall Sun-Mon?

"I am posting the map for the Sunday into Monday storm, although I do see the new GFS did go a little north with the storm, but the trend will be to go south again because the model is blowing too much warm air into the storm. The upside of the storm is high snow accumulations once again. I can see over 6 inches of snow along the track of the storm. If it blows up along the coast like yesterday, we could see over a foot of snow."

You know, whenever a meteorologist says (or anyone) "it's a cold airmass in front of the storm, it will be weaker and farther south than progged!" I want to slap them. That's almost 100% BS, the warm is almost always underdone on the models ahead of an incoming storm and the upper level jet ripping at 150MPH and it's location drive storm tracks a lot more than a "really cold airmass" at the surface two days ahead of the storm. Ugh. People tried using that line to wish the 1/5 storm back SE into Cleveland and how did that work?

And rant aside, I'm not sure who said that :lol:

euro isn't a total disaster.   Yes, we briefly warm up to 38 around hour 114, but looping thru the snowfall it continues to increase through that time which makes me wonder if we stay a wet snow.  850s never get north of the river.   All in all, by hour 120 euro shows a total of 3-4" across Franklin county.

Brings in the cold big time after Sunday, down to -15 across Columbus.

euro isn't a total disaster.   Yes, we briefly warm up to 38 around hour 114, but looping thru the snowfall it continues to increase through that time which makes me wonder if we stay a wet snow.  850s never get north of the river.   All in all, by hour 120 euro shows a total of 3-4" across Franklin county.

How does its track compare to that of 0z? I am grasping for anything to give me some hope. Henry you know who already gave us the kiss of death with his horrible reasoning.

I was just about to call game, set, match and tap the next keg. I miss you "dark side" Buck. Where are you?

Oh and what does it do Fri-Sat?

I think rain is out of the question through the weekend.

If Sunday's system comes any farther north than the models currently show I think you'd be in trouble even up to Columbus. On one hand the PV will be over southern Hudson Bay on Sunday which argues for the system tracking a bit farther south...but on the other, the models today at least show Saturday's system getting out of the way quickly enough to not suppress Sunday's clipper. We'll see. I liked the Ohio River track shown yesterday personally.

How does its track compare to that of 0z? I am grasping for anything to give me some hope. Henry you know who already gave us the kiss of death with his horrible reasoning.

I was just about to call game, set, match and tap the next keg. I miss you "dark side" Buck. Where are you?

Oh and what does it do Fri-Sat?

I just posted in the clipper thread.  Basically for us, 2" Friday....2" Sunday.....5" tonight.    10:1 ratios.    At least we are not in a screwzone, basically we are in just as good...or bad...shape as the rest of the subforum.    I'm still on the darkside, still see no reason to celebrate...still haven't had to shovel sh*t.

The Euro has been crap. 

If Sunday's system comes any farther north than the models currently show I think you'd be in trouble even up to Columbus. On one hand the PV will be over southern Hudson Bay on Sunday which argues for the system tracking a bit farther south...but on the other, the models today at least show Saturday's system getting out of the way quickly enough to not suppress Sunday's clipper. We'll see. I liked the Ohio River track shown yesterday personally.

No no, let me say again: Rain is out of the question for the weekend storm.  :fulltilt:

But seriously, if we have to go through another January 5t-6th disaster with arctic blast followed by a warm rain followed by an arctic blast, I'm giving up on this winter and going back to the AP.

well, in the misery-loves-company dept., at least this is the type of situation where if it warms enough to rain in CMH, than a lot of others in the subforum would share the same fate.   The trajectory of the incoming low isn't the kind where the WTOD would shoot up the Ohio river and only screw the southeastern parts of the s.f., the WTOD would arrive from the west and actually weaken east.

The ratios have to be insane.

Yep.  From ILN, "QPF AMOUNTS WITH THIS SYSTEM WILL BE LIGHT...LESS THAN

0.05 INCHES...BUT DUE TO THE VERY COLD TEMPERATURES SNOW RATIOS

WILL BE VERY HIGH. EXPECT ANYWHERE BETWEEN 20-40 TO 1 ON THE

RATIOS. HIGHEST SNOW AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE TO 1 TO 3 INCHES

IN THE NRN MIAMI VALLEY...WITH SLIGHTLY LESSER AMOUNTS IN THE

CMH/DAY METRO AREAS."

Archived