CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Let's talk winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished plowing my driveway and sidewalks...amazing what this puppy can do with snowfalls that are actually more than 1-2"!  Anyway, we got easily 5-6" of snow here.  Looks beautiful.  The gusty winds that are supposed to come back have held off for now which made it much easier to plow.  Any of you experienced plowers have any advice on what kind of pattern is best to take for your standard two car garage driveway?

5.5" is what I'll call it here. Absolutely no complaints, this overperformed just about what all models showed from here. About an inch and a half of that was from a couple of snow squalls. Killer squall pushing into Charleston right now with thunder and lightning reported!

Rippn here again! Well that 1 didnt last very long but still. Easy 5.5 here, but thinkn close to 6.

5.5" is what I'll call it here. Absolutely no complaints, this overperformed just about what all models showed from here. About an inch and a half of that was from a couple of snow squalls. Killer squall pushing into Charleston right now with thunder and lightning reported!

Just for the record while it's still fresh in our minds, remember the euro sucked eggs on this one.  Most of us at least doubled what it showed for this first event.  GGEM did much better.   

12z euro for tomorrow is showing another 2-2.5" across Franklin County, hopefully it does equally poor on that.

The ggem showed a bullseye across Ohio of almost  8-10" between the 2 events several days out.   Looks like that is not totally out of the question for at least the lower end of that scale.    Definitely looks like both events will be on track to give most of us a total of 6-10"

Ripping snow again here in Newark..Finally looks like winter!! Just measured 6 1/4 inches of snow..Looks like a pretty accurate count..Wind never got to this!! This was definately WSW criteria..but it's ok...over performed which is great!!

Had some insane snow squalls driving from Cincy to Columbus this afternoon. Looks like we got our biggest snow yet this winter on campus. I think 1-3 is possible tmrw morning. This cold shot might be worse than the last big one just because of the snow on the ground.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Just back from a trip to Athens for my daughter's birthday. Almost didn't go but am glad we did. It's been a long time since I've seen that kind of blowing snow. Went through a couple of white outs just from blowing snow. Took me back to my growing up days in Zanesville in the 70's. It's just more severe out in open country. Fun stuff.

Had some insane snow squalls driving from Cincy to Columbus this afternoon. Looks like we got our biggest snow yet this winter on campus. I think 1-3 is possible tmrw morning. This cold shot might be worse than the last big one just because of the snow on the ground.

Sent from my XT1060

What do you guys think for Tuesday morning? I'm going -14 right now.

Sent from my XT1060

If we get clear skies and calm winds Tuesday night:

I'd go with 12 to 14 below city and and 15 to 19 below in the burbs.   Bet we see readings of 20 to 22 below in places like Bellefontaine.  

as far as snow tomorrow.  Models aren't impressed, most are .1 to .15.    I think we get a nice 3 hour burst in the morning that drops an inch....then everything calms down, temp rises, and we wait for the arctic front to arrive.   Another inch with that.   All in all about 7-8 inches total for the 48 hour period which began late last night.

as far as snow tomorrow.  Models aren't impressed, most are .1 to .15.    I think we get a nice 3 hour burst in the morning that drops an inch....then everything calms down, temp rises, and we wait for the arctic front to arrive.   Another inch with that.   All in all about 7-8 inches total for the 48 hour period which began late last night.

Yeah I'm assuming .1" but with an early 25:1 ratio going down to 12:1 at the end. Yields just over 2 inches so that's why I think 1-3 should cut it. ILN might be over-forecasting as usual with 2-4.

I'm wondering about those calm winds Monday night...might not happen til late in the night. But the reason I'm saying -14 is because IND dropped to -15 on the night of the 6th/7th with similar 850 temps, strong winds, but snow on the ground. We had all of that minus snow.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Ripping snow again here in Newark..Finally looks like winter!! Just measured 6 1/4 inches of snow..Looks like a pretty accurate count..Wind never got to this!! This was definately WSW criteria..but it's ok...over performed which is great!!

Pretty accurate. I measured 7" after all was said and done.

Archived