joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's talk winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a low of -5 around 7:30, it's now snowing with visibility under a mile. While the heaviest will probably stay to my north, should see some good bursts here and 1-2". Looks like ILN will win the battle between ILN and RLX (note how on the map above, the snow amounts drop off at the RLX boarder).

We peaked at 34 in Athens but have fallen to 29. I have a feeling that as the winds pick up later tonight we see temperatures jump back up into the mid or even upper 30's...however there is still about 6" on the ground and there is a 0% chance that a significant amount of that melts. Picked up a bit under an inch this morning.

supposedly we are 36 but I was just out and there is no sign of any melting, even on the cars and my truck thermometer read 25, which is usually very accurate.   Either way snow pack should remain 90% in tact, even if we continue to warm around 40 for a short time.  

Should be interesting to watch the frontal approach and passage unfold....I think everything is on the table including a bit of quick rain before the front pulls thru.  

Archived