joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's talk winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All bets are on the table right now regarding these systems, everyone is in the game. At least we have some things to track other than cold air!

Honestly, and I mean this, I wish I had that kind of optimism in my belly. I am such the "glass is half empty" kind of guy. Good for you for being the opposite. I envy that. I hope we get something big out of these next 2 weeks. This hobby is like being a drug addict. You always want more. This past weekend was awesome, but I am still looking for my next fix!

Given it doesn't look good for the weekend storm, but anything can happen at this point. Would you want to be in the bullseye 5 days out? Remember what happened to us the last time we were in the euro bullseye in that timeframe? :raining:

Well I hear you about the bulls eye, but you need to be in the ballpark at least 5 days out and we are not. I will punt this one and be ok with it if it means a better shot at the Feb. 3-5 storm.

I'm confident of two things:

1.) we'll get a rainer in the next 5-7 days....but could still pull off a stat padder before that

2.) the next two weeks will NOT be boring

So sit back, relax, enjoy the deep snowcover, and try not to wishcast a snowstorm into the weekend, just expect the rain.  Look at it this way, at least we'll finally get a window to wash the 1" encrusted salt off our cars.   Also, you can't really have a harsh winter around here without mixing in rainers and thaws....'78 was a prime example.  We were in the 40's and raining leading up to the blizzard.  In January '94 I remember driving home from the hospital after my daughter was born in a pouring rainstorm.

Next week looks like massive potential with cold air pushing harder and a ton of energy coming into the west.  It looks like it's setting up the pattern those CF2 maps were showing with cold temps and a ton of precip thru the OV.

By the way Pondo, I almost would have won that bet about snowfall amounts between us and Philly thru last week....almost...

Have you guys seen the snow rollers around town.....pretty incredible, I need to get some pics

post-622-0-45114600-1390856890_thumb.jpg

I'm confident of two things:

1.) we'll get a rainer in the next 5-7 days....but could still pull off a stat padder before that

2.) the next two weeks will NOT be boring

So sit back, relax, enjoy the deep snowcover, and try not to wishcast a snowstorm into the weekend, just expect the rain.  Look at it this way, at least we'll finally get a window to wash the 1" encrusted salt off our cars.   Also, you can't really have a harsh winter around here without mixing in rainers and thaws....'78 was a prime example.  We were in the 40's and raining leading up to the blizzard.  In January '94 I remember driving home from the hospital after my daughter was born in a pouring rainstorm.

Next week looks like massive potential with cold air pushing harder and a ton of energy coming into the west.  It looks like it's setting up the pattern those CF2 maps were showing with cold temps and a ton of precip thru the OV.

By the way Pondo, I almost would have won that bet about snowfall amounts between us and Philly thru last week....almost...

Have you guys seen the snow rollers around town.....pretty incredible, I need to get some pics

Ahh, always the level headed voice that makes me feel at least a little better.

Yes, you are correct, pretty darn close. I was thinking about that all weekend and thought maybe, just maybe....

Seen them? They are all over the place. Right outside our office there are a ton of them. So cool!

pretty much the writing was on the wall for rain this weekend.  As far as the biggie next week....stay tuned and don't let any model bum you or excite you.  I have a feeling there are gonna be a few interesting runs in the next few days.

Wait til the models do the usual losing of the storm. 

Archived