• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Let's talk winter!

Steve

My fellow Greater CMH'ers, it's time for another episode of how can we get screwed.   Just to refresh recent episodes.  The January 5th pre vortex big dog which drove up to our west.   The clipper from a couple of days ago which weakened as it stepped on our doorstep, and now we have what looks to be our next incoming screwjob.  .

This one is more interesting.  As the storm approaches from the west and gets to the doorstep of Franklin county, it will begin to break apart as the shield of strongest precip redevelops south and east of us.  The attached RAP panel shows this perfectly, also loop the 18z nam for an even better depiction.   You can also refer to current WWAs issued all around us, but not for us.

I say this not to be a Debbie downer...I just think the screw is easier to take when you can see it coming, limiting the surpises to good ones.  :ee:

post-622-0-13740700-1390250119_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fellow Greater CMH'ers, it's time for another episode of how can we get screwed.   Just to refresh recent episodes.  The January 5th pre vortex big dog which drove up to our west.   The clipper from a couple of days ago which weakened as it stepped on our doorstep, and now we have what looks to be our next incoming screwjob.  .

This one is more interesting.  As the storm approaches from the west and gets to the doorstep of Franklin county, it will begin to break apart as the shield of strongest precip redevelops south and east of us.  The attached RAP panel shows this perfectly, also loop the 18z nam for an even better depiction.   You can also refer to current WWAs issued all around us, but not for us.

I say this not to be a Debbie downer...I just think the screw is easier to take when you can see it coming, limiting the surpises to good ones.  :ee:

Not our year. Like I said a couple of days ago. For such a great winter, this winter sux! LOL

Oh, and not to bring it up again, but Philly area going to get 7-10 out of this one. sigh

we always have Wednesday's 1/2" soap powder car-topper to look forward to.  Getting use to those.  When the sun comes out the next day the snow evaporates in spite of it being 10 degrees.

We are chipping our way to the most uneventful above average snowfall winter ever.  That might be something to work towards at least.   Greatest seasonal snowfall without achieving a warning criteria event!!   Is there a category for that win? 

Sorry guys, my glass was half full  yesterday    ... :gun_bandana:

we always have Wednesday's 1/2" soap powder car-topper to look forward to.  Getting use to those.  When the sun comes out the next day the snow evaporates in spite of it being 10 degrees.

We are chipping our way to the most uneventful above average snowfall winter ever.  That might be something to work towards at least.   Greatest seasonal snowfall without achieving a warning criteria event!!   Is there a category for that win? 

Welcome back to the dark side! LOL

I'm gonna try and be optimistic about tonight and tomorrow's snowfall. Even if we get only 2" it will be around for a while, with fresh coatings added periodically.

:whistle:

Alberta Clippers which intensify and track south of the synoptic climatology for this track type can present a really difficult forecast. That said, I will give it my best shot. I think that this system has enough energy to create some heavy snow bands as far back as southern Ohio and eastern Kentucky. An important key is West Virginia; if the mountains in that state have "lollipops" of a foot or more, than so will some of the major urban areas of the Interstate 95 corridor....Gotta laugh!! Always to the north or south!!See More..This is Larry C's forecast!

1545677_10153774570170235_1832996045_n.j

Archived