northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I would throw this out there.  This the Euro EPS runs...incredible!  Very solid agreement with the operational run.

My first guess for AVL will be 8-12" of snow by Thursday morning, most of it coming late Tuesday night and ALL DAY Wednesday.  This should be an epic storm, and perhaps even one for the record books.

post-1348-0-66664900-1392075084_thumb.pn

Anyone else think the overrunning precip. is coming in pretty far north so far?  Look over AR.

Yes, a bit.  Looks more like what the CMC was showing from its 12Z run.  I wouldn't be surprised to see snow tomorrow earlier than forecast.  These overrunning events are almost always bigger than forecast and wider (i.e., further north in this case).

Yes, a bit.  Looks more like what the CMC was showing from its 12Z run.  I wouldn't be surprised to see snow tomorrow earlier than forecast.  These overrunning events are almost always bigger than forecast and wider (i.e., further north in this case).

Tracker the graph you posted I am not sure how to read it or what I am looking at. Can you educate me on it.

3 inches today... a lucky inch tomorrow... 8 inches on your lower end. ... 12 inches in 3 days. I would take that.

Archived