northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, I feel like we're all starting to get a little greedy. Even with the lowest model run we'll have more snow than we've had in 4 years.

I mean if were gonna get a big dog. Might as well be THE BIG dog. That said anything from 6 up and I'll be happy. Preferably double digits. I notice that this weekend isn't going to be AS warm as previously advertised, maybe it won't all melt away so quickly

GFS was narrower with big snow, but the storm path did shifted west somewhat via meteorologists on Twitter.

Huh, I was just tracking based on the other thread and they seemed sure that it had shifted east. The comma head ran from Charlotte to Raleigh, apparently. I personally can't see it yet because the website is so overloaded...well, the 00z euro will be telling.

Huh, I was just tracking based on the other thread and they seemed sure that it had shifted east. The comma head ran from Charlotte to Raleigh, apparently. I personally can't see it yet because the website is so overloaded...well, the 00z euro will be telling.

Well, I'm just going with mets on Twitter and I did took a look at snow maps. It's narrower, but the track of low might have shifted west. Maybe I'm just tired.

All the models look good, the american models have generally looked less amped than the cmc and euro. The nam and gfs are still 6-10.

Just curious, what's the reason for this? Is there a fundamental difference between the American models and the foreign models, or is it just a situational split?

Just curious, what's the reason for this? Is there a fundamental difference between the American models and the foreign models, or is it just a situational split?

The gfs is always more progressive and east with southern stream systems. But I'm not sure about the NAM, could just be a coincidence that it's foreign VS US models. But I've seen it a few times in the past. The euro and it's ensembles are locked in, pretty hard to beat that combo at this lead time.

The gfs is always more progressive and east with southern stream systems. But I'm not sure about the NAM, could just be a coincidence that it's foreign VS US models. But I've seen it a few times in the past. The euro and it's ensembles are locked in, pretty hard to beat that combo at this lead time.

Yep the Euro has really led with this storm. I will be up tonight to each the Euro but I do  not see it changing a whole lot. Anyway gang about time to put the model watching aside and just see how this all unfolds on the radar soon.

Its very interesting that the high-res models that run off NAM data seem to be further west with heavy precip... could also be picking up on some of the orographic uplift near the blue ridge

Ya the foothills and mountains are really going to increase rates in WNC. Cannot wait for the Euro to come out. I have.  Feeling when all said and done the Euro will score better than the other models.

Its very interesting that the high-res models that run off NAM data seem to be further west with heavy precip... could also be picking up on some of the orographic uplift near the blue ridge

What exactly is the HRW-NMM? I'm assuming some sort of derivative of the NAM based on your later statement?

Ya the foothills and mountains are really going to increase rates in WNC. Cannot wait for the Euro to come out. I have.  Feeling when all said and done the Euro will score better than the other models.

Yes, I'm excited for the Euro. It's been so consistent I don't see it changing all that much. 

Archived