e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
July 2013 Observations and Discussions

bluewave

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overnight low of 48 up here in the catskills, yesterday we struggled to get to 70 all day. I hope the clouds stay east of us today.

I wish these type of lows could happen in the city once in a while. Just to break it up a bit. I know that's pretty much impossible though.

I wish these type of lows could happen in the city once in a while. Just to break it up a bit. I know that's pretty much impossible though.

Yup, I agree but what happened today was that after a clear cold night clouds streamed in from the front that stalled and now we are locked into the 50s for the day up here unless we get some sun. 50s and cloudy isn't great weather for summer fun.

Models are all over place with rainfall this afternoon and evening. The NAM hardly has anything. While the Euro has a .50"-75" for NYC.

On the Euro, best 700mb VVs stretch from SNJ to NYC. Most models are further east/weaker with VVs.

12z NAM continues to have nothing tonight and then the coastal also misses and nails the Cape Cod area.

The 12z Euro should come in drier.

The 6z rgem matched the 0z euro.

However, the new 12z rgem, now looks like the NAM and the rain mostly misses the area.

So, the euro SHOULD come in drier, but the euro has had major issues the past month with precipitation forecasts, so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes in wetter then the entire suite again.

Archived