• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2013 Observations and Discussions

bluewave

The CFS did very well with the July forecast the last two summers.

The last three Julys featured a very strong ridge over portions of the Plains, Midwest, and 

Great Lakes.

This year the models are focusing in on a dominant Western Atlantic Ridge. If this pattern

persists for the whole month, then it would mean our fourth July in a row with above

normal temperatures here. I think that the models are focusing in on the more positive

NAO this year which is often associated with a strong ridge in this position.

SACRUS has done a great job keying in on this feature and the type of weather

to be expected here.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be on the road tomorrow if we don't get deluged in the morning...I'll be reporting in from south Carolina tomorrow night...Florida on Tuesday...At this time I think I'm going to see more rain than Sun...

Safe travels, hope it stays dry for you!

Strong but broad rotation on radar with that storm over Middlesex, NJ

It's starting to become more consolidated. Looks to pass to the south of where I live but might get me here at work.

From the warning

DOPPLER RADAR HAS INDICATED SOME ROTATION WITHIN THIS STORM. WHILE

NOT IMMEDIATELY LIKELY...A TORNADO MAY STILL DEVELOP. IF A TORNADO IS

SPOTTED...ACT QUICKLY AND MOVE TO A PLACE OF SAFETY IN A STURDY

STRUCTURE...SUCH AS A BASEMENT OR SMALL INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST

FLOOR.

wow

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTEDTORNADO WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY914 AM EDT MON JUL 1 2013THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON NY HAS ISSUED A* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  NORTHWESTERN UNION COUNTY IN NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY...  CENTRAL ESSEX COUNTY IN NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY...* UNTIL 945 AM EDT...* AT 913 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED  A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR NORTH  PLAINFIELD...MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH.* THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...  SUMMIT BY 925 AM...  MILLBURN BY 930 AM...  UNION BY 935 AM...  ORANGE BY 945 AM...THE SAFEST PLACE TO BE DURING A TORNADO IS IN A BASEMENT. GET UNDER AWORKBENCH OR OTHER PIECE OF STURDY FURNITURE. IF NO BASEMENT ISAVAILABLE...SEEK SHELTER ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF THE BUILDING IN ANINTERIOR HALLWAY OR ROOM SUCH AS A CLOSET. USE BLANKETS OR PILLOWS TOCOVER YOUR BODY AND ALWAYS STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS.IF IN MOBILE HOMES OR VEHICLES...EVACUATE THEM AND GET INSIDE ASUBSTANTIAL SHELTER. IF NO SHELTER IS AVAILABLE...LIE FLAT IN THENEAREST DITCH OR OTHER LOW SPOT AND COVER YOUR HEAD WITH YOUR HANDS.

Headed right towards the city

That was pretty intense. Not much thunder and lightning but with the rain and wind you could barely see 100 feet.

Figures I miss it, I'm down in Holmdel working. Wonder how warlock made out in the torrential downpours

Just as I was about to head out the door the skies opened up for one minute downpour then stopped then after 15 minutesof nothing we got an intense downpour for 15 minutes with some rumbles of thunder but no wind and not really severe. Lighter stuff now and maybe getting to the back edge very soon. Hope to get back out abour 11 and cut some of the lawns that drain well

Archived