• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
June 24-? severe weather discussion

Ian

I like these days that feature round after round, with none of them being too severe (at least IMBY). June 4 2008 had several rounds, but the first one was a real heavyweight, of course.  Nothing like that today. No one storm today has been at all memorable, but there's nothing wrong with hitting the repeat key and getting some modest action every 45 minutes or so.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multiple trees down in my neighborhood in Alexandria near Cameron station, power out, few streets blocked off.....all from the first cell around 1530-1545. Will try to upload pics when I can reliably do data on my mobile again.

Jesus...it f'ing dumped about 20 minutes ago. Crazy heavy rainfall for about 10-15 minutes - maybe the heaviest since Lee. Burke Road is crossed in two places.

I'll go out an measure soon, but it's pouring again. Looking like I might be over 3" on the day* - about 1.5" from the first storm, and the same, if not more, from this latest round.

* I'll eventually get a gauge, MN!

Jesus...it f'ing dumped about 20 minutes ago. Crazy heavy rainfall for about 10-15 minutes - maybe the heaviest since Lee. Burke Road is crossed in two places.

I'll go out an measure soon, but it's pouring again. Looking like I might be over 3" on the day* - about 1.5" from the first storm, and the same, if not more, from this latest round.

* I'll eventually get a gauge, MN!

;)

Multiple trees down in my neighborhood in Alexandria near Cameron station, power out, few streets blocked off.....all from the first cell around 1530-1545. Will try to upload pics when I can reliably do data on my mobile again.

Absolutely no indication of wind here, so I'm guessing that we are down because of lightning. I don't know which is worse.

lol...DCA just picked up another .64" in 20 minutes...2.69" for the day

looks like it tops the 10th's 2.77 with the 703 ob. prob about half that here if that. 

Archived