12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
General Thunderstorm Discussion: Late June

Quincy

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap, this is all just pure crap. Screw these pathetic, marginal, garbage, no good worthless piece of crap ass setups...just screw them. Screw tomorrow, screw Friday, screw Saturday, screw whatever comes after at, just screw it all.

What a weenie. This isn't OKC.

Crap, this is all just pure crap.  Screw these pathetic, marginal, garbage, no good worthless piece of crap ass setups...just screw them.  Screw tomorrow, screw Friday, screw Saturday, screw whatever comes after at, just screw it all.  

Deep breaths....

None of these days were supposed to be widespread severe or anything all that exciting.  Its a heavy rainer pattern.

Deep breaths....

None of these days were supposed to be widespread severe or anything all that exciting.  Its a heavy rainer pattern.

I was just looking for t'storms...severe is a great bonus but I for sure thought today would have been active with storms and hardly anything is firing.  Instability seems decent enough, shear is adequate, but there has to be some sort of cap or something aloft...even in the vicinity of the s/w trough there is hardly anything.  Is it just b/c cape profiles are so skinny that parcels just aren't rising vigorously enough or reaching the LFC?  

I've had crap.  

At least when I went up to NY I saw pea-sized hail, saw several limbs down along the road, and then got a wall cloud at BDL

Been just as bad up this way this season Wiz. A few flashes and rumbles is all I've seen since May. Was even under a tornado warning that produced little more than some heavy rain and 2 minutes of marginal gusts.

Actually, the NAM only showed a broken line. It's not like it was showing a severe bow echo or anything. HRRR was a bit overdone, but even the simulated radar on there wasn't overly impressive. Factor in a common bias to over-predict instability and there you go.

Its funny because it handled the stuff here, but was too aggressive over CT. Such is the nature of convection. That's why we questioned meso models but I admit western areas did perform less than I thought.

Today had potential but things can mess it up. Midday cloud cover today was the biggest culprit was too much CIN as a result. 

Going forward it's a very active pattern with flood and severe threats. I know Ginx and Kevin want a specific to their house forecast but that's not the nature of convection. They should both know that by now. 

I didn't consider today a disappointment at all, I was pleasantly surprised. It's the best I've seen up close since June 2nd.

I uploaded some pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152977925995220.1073741827.799395219&type=1&l=c3315a871d

And a video here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152977505065220&l=2411202199302390486

These were all from Woburn this afternoon. I can't figure out how to add something to the gallery on this site. Maybe it's a Firefox issue.

NAM has a cap around 700mb both Fri/Sat which could be an issue we'll have to watch out for

You mean like today ?    I saw tower after tower punch the alto-stratus deck, only to pancake, producing those 3 pixel showers.  Had one come through here around 6 ... boring.  No thunder.  There was a couple of glaciating domes, but they were still shallow... One popped Marshfield where Scott was.  But today was Slight cancel show.  Timing yesterday's convectively induced S/W and its attending cloud shield ruined things.  We started with sun, and I had some impressive TCU by 11:30, but the tendency to block our CAPE provider swept over and that made it a limited VIL day. 

Archived