amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Severe Weather Threat 6/17 & 6/18

weatherwiz

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.  It's always something here.  We could have a PERFECT setup and a bunch of canary's flying south could fart and that would develop a warm pocket aloft which would prevent convection from developing high updrafts

I think today is going as planned? What do you mean?

I think today is going as planned? What do you mean?

Yeah I agree.

It's just these updrafts are having so much trouble but why is that?  I know the dews are on the lower side but that really can't be having such a negative effect on the updrafts, can it?  i guess if you don't have the moisture to lift than I understand.

But if it more of the fact that shear is just outweighing buoyancy?  Do we have stubborn warm layers aloft?  A combination?  

Yeah I agree.

It's just these updrafts are having so much trouble but why is that?  I know the dews are on the lower side but that really can't be having such a negative effect on the updrafts, can it?  i guess if you don't have the moisture to lift than I understand.

But if it more of the fact that shear is just outweighing buoyancy?  Do we have stubborn warm layers aloft?  A combination?  

All the best storms have bee north where temps aloft are cooler. Better dynamics there too. It will all sag ESE so give it an hour or so.

Whoa!

KPSM 172017Z 29033G50KT 1/8SM R34/0600FT -TSRA GS VV001 25/17

A2976 RMK LTG OHD= (SPECI)

It was wild, sky took that greenish 'big hail' look but didn't see any ice immediate vicinity.  Trees were bending way over at times though with leaves/twigs flying past and C/G was frequent with vis below 1/8 at times.  Clearing now.

Archived