• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2013 General Discussion/Obs

snowlover2

Yes, and given those difficulties, I could see the frontal zone stalling further south quite easily.  It could also be farther north, but that's much less likely it seems with daily MCS activity maintaining or dropping the warm front position temporarily.

another thing to keep an eye on is how the ridge does on the eastern perihphery....the ridge could hit a couple bumps in the road in strength and progression along the east side as well with some of the ridge riders...I think Alek said in another thread...things will become clearer as the MCS train begins Thursday night ish

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another thing to keep an eye on is how the ridge does on the eastern perihphery....the ridge could hit a couple bumps in the road in strength and progression along the east side as well with some of the ridge riders...I think Alek said in another thread...things will become clearer as the MCS train begins Thursday night ish

The 12z WRF model (closely linked to the NAM) actually has a derecho at the end of its run overnight tomorrow night into Friday that traverses much of Wisconsin from NW to SE.  If something like that were to transpire, the warm front would definitely be shunted a bit.

how about it....we have had actually had quite a few of these over the last month.....just gorgeous

not saying dozens of them....but certainly noteworthy in the quantity colum in my book

These days are bonus days this time of year. Sun is about as high as it can get, but it's pretty tolerable to be in the direct sun for a long time.

Might make a run at the upper 40s again tonight. 54/45 right now, calm winds. Pretty crazy for mid to late June.

A+ sleeping weather these last few nights.

Enjoyed them. 

Torch upcoming for the foreseeable future starting tomorrow. Gonna miss nights like these.

Mesoscale influences from convection notwithstanding, the cool weather is history after today, thank god.

I had to turn on the heat in the car this morning.

lol

Might make a run at the upper 40s again tonight. 54/45 right now, calm winds. Pretty crazy for mid to late June.

I'd say so. Already at 52/46 with calm winds at 11pm. I've been sleeping like a rock with the windows open the past couple nights.

Geos, good to have you as my new (kind of) neighbor.

I'd say so. Already at 52/46 with calm winds at 11pm. I've been sleeping like a rock with the windows open the past couple nights.

Geos, good to have you as my new (kind of) neighbor.

Yeah, can't beat this for sleeping weather. Down to 52° here.

Been to Libertyville many times! Are you new to the town?

Yeah, can't beat this for sleeping weather. Down to 52° here.

Been to Libertyville many times! Are you new to the town?

I am. Moved onto a couple acres of land off St Mary's Road. I was within a mile of Alek on the north side of the city until April. Looking forward to winter (and verifying your reports)!

I am. Moved onto a couple acres of land off St Mary's Road. I was within a mile of Alek on the north side of the city until April. Looking forward to winter (and verifying your reports)!

Nice stretch of properties along that road. Don't want to hear about winter quite yet. lol

51° this morning here. Already up to 75°.

Milwaukee's temp has dropped the last hour, so I think the onshore flow is starting to take effect near the lake finally after a quick warm up trend this morning.  Inland though it will be toasty.

you might be far enough north to enjoy some convectively enhanced lake breezes through the weekend.

you might be far enough north to enjoy some convectively enhanced lake breezes through the weekend.

The LSX WRF and some of the local models were showing that.  Cool future radar feature I saw on some of the local channels, with numerous thundershowers popping up near the lake.

I see on the NAM HIRES, it is placing a line of t-storms across southern WI around Friday midday and then more convection between MKE and MSN later on in the day. Bit of a easterly component to the wind from here on north. Would be nice to see that AC this weekend.

I see on the NAM HIRES, it is placing a line of t-storms across southern WI around Friday midday and then more convection between MKE and MSN later on in the day. Bit of a easterly component to the wind from here on north. Would be nice to see that AC this weekend.

A convective lake breeze would be the best possible scenario.  Cool off temporarily, and see some thunderstorms potentially along with it.

A convective lake breeze would be the best possible scenario.  Cool off temporarily, and see some thunderstorms potentially along with it.

The range of solutions for the likely first MCS are already all over the place.  Looks like the twin cities area should be ground zero, beyond that i've seen solutions ranging from super hard right turns to essentially due east across the northern lakes.  Right now, I think we'll see a weakening MCS move across north central WI tomorrow...possibly turning SE and clipping MKE.

In other news, starting to get some bubbling CU with weak disturbance lifting north. Might pop a shower later.

The range of solutions for the likely first MCS are already all over the place.  Looks like the twin cities area should be ground zero, beyond that i've seen solutions ranging from super hard right turns to essentially due east across the northern lakes.  Right now, I think we'll see a weakening MCS move across north central WI tomorrow...possibly turning SE and clipping MKE.

In other news, starting to get some bubbling CU with weak disturbance lifting north. Might pop a shower later.

Honestly, I don't think we see anything with whatever develops overnight tonight.  I'm more interested to see how tomorrow will be impacted.

Honestly, I don't think we see anything with whatever develops overnight tonight.  I'm more interested to see how tomorrow will be impacted.

When i say overnight, i mean early morning hours.  Plenty of solutions show a dying complex moving into WI during the morning hours and shiitting the bed as it moves E or SE across the state.

hrw-arw_eus_024_sim_radar.gif

nam-hires_namer_024_sim_reflectivity.gif

When i say overnight, i mean early morning hours.  Plenty of solutions show a dying complex moving into WI during the morning hours and shiitting the bed as it moves E or SE across the state.

hrw-arw_eus_024_sim_radar.gif

nam-hires_namer_024_sim_reflectivity.gif

I know what you meant, I just think it will either pass north or peter out in C Wisconsin, and clouds in the morning will be the greatest effect, though I am certainly not going to discount the small chance that it holds together and pushes SE rather than a more easterly component.

Archived