Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Onward Into Summer 2013

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up another 0.5" overnight, bringing my June total to about 2.5"

Lawn and garden are loving it.

Not sure how much we have as yet but we seem to be doing well with this event. My garden has just exploded with the rain, unfortunately that includes weeds. But oh well, pulled weeds go between the rows as mulch. 

This turned out to be the wettest day of the year so far with a total of 2.24" This makes the monthly total 4.60" and the YTD stands at 21.3". This is a surplus of precip for the year of over 4" for Ephrata by my calculations. We had a 3" storm back in January and some other big hitters along the way. No drought concerns here at the moment just a concern of how to keep the grass cut.

Potential for some heavy rains for many that cover this forum during the Wednesday night - Thursday time period. For the southern folks in this subforum, there's potential for some severe weather. As it stands, south of the PA turnpike is game for some spin ups, but it appears the primary threat will be big bowing segments in these locations and farther south. However, if the low tracks a little farther north and slows down, it could get be ugly for some. Seems like the GFS & NAM have shown signs of a trend back towards the Euro. 

Other factors obviously include: How much Sun? Any leftover convective "crap" before the main event? Etc...

I will be starting my 2 week vacation from work (getting married on Saturday & then the honeymoon!) after my shift tomorrow night, so I'll get to watch this event from the sidelines for once! 

Potential for some heavy rains for many that cover this forum during the Wednesday night - Thursday time period. For the southern folks in this subforum, there's potential for some severe weather. As it stands, south of the PA turnpike is game for some spin ups, but it appears the primary threat will be big bowing segments in these locations and farther south. However, if the low tracks a little farther north and slows down, it could get be ugly for some. Seems like the GFS & NAM have shown signs of a trend back towards the Euro.

Other factors obviously include: How much Sun? Any leftover convective "crap" before the main event? Etc...

I will be starting my 2 week vacation from work (getting married on Saturday & then the honeymoon!) after my shift tomorrow night, so I'll get to watch this event from the sidelines for once!

Screw the weather, congratulations!

Archived