Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Pittsburgh/Western Pa Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NWS fail on this storm, there will be no significant rain, if any Washington, Pa and parts north. Look at the radar. Pulling the trigger on downgrading the watch, mistake. 3+ inches and this before the heavy stuff. I'd say 6-8".

Its going to be a battle. Looks like some warm air is punching in to the southern counties at least per intellicast.

I dont consider anything a fail with this. We are in a transition zone for this storm, so i think conditions will vary quite a bit

I think this is a different set up though than usual. If this was January or we had a significant cold air mass, track would not be an issue. It is actually a perfect track for us, cold is the issue.

Usually we have to deal with a primary slamming up the ov and driving warm air into us from the south west...this time the incursion is from the east.

Its going to be a battle. Looks like some warm air is punching in to the southern counties at least per intellicast.

I dont consider anything a fail with this. We are in a transition zone for this storm, so i think conditions will vary quite a bit

I can confirm, its been mostly rain now the last hour here in Greensburg. A few wet flakes mix in on ocassion but that is it. Hoping it stays all snow at home.

Still snow in Bethel but its no longer sticking on my driveway.

Yes you people in Bethel and Parts of the South Hills are always on the edge. I hope there is a 50 mile shift south and all of Allegheny County stays snow.

It is still snowing here. I had 2.5 inches this morning and just shoveled a very heavy inch of wet snow. My driveway and side street is starting to get covered here however, I am at a higher elevation tucked in on side streets. My outdoor thermometer got up to 35.5 last hour but has dropped to 34.5 so that may be a good sign.

I can confirm, its been mostly rain now the last hour here in Greensburg. A few wet flakes mix in on ocassion but that is it. Hoping it stays all snow at home.

I can confirm that here in New Ken it is snowing.  

There really isn't anywhere to measure here at my office, but it really is not that much on the ground.  Maybe an inch.  

I am interested to see what it will look like up at home later (Ford City).

That rain snow line is really not moving. Downtown is not really accumulating at all.

I used to work downtown and in events like this even if it is wet snow it won't accumulate in town because of the warmer temps and elevation. I remember in the early 80's I went to Point Park College and we had a heavy wet slushy snow mixed with rain all morning that accumulated an inch or two and the roads were wet and when I drove home to the North Hills we had 8 inches of snow just as I got over the Mcknight Road interchange at East Street. (This was before I-279 was built).

Still moderate snow here. picked up 4 inches total since last night.

I used to work downtown and in events like this even if it is wet snow it won't accumulate in town because of the warmer temps and elevation. I remember in the early 80's I went to Point Park College and we had a heavy wet slushy snow mixed with rain all morning that accumulated an inch or two and the roads were wet and when I drove home to the North Hills we had 8 inches of snow just as I got over the Mcknight Road interchange at East Street. (This was before I-279 was built).

Still moderate snow here. picked up 4 inches total since last night.

You are dating yourself!

Was just outside downtown - less like snow, more like wet clumps of ice falling out of the sky. Might just be the heat-island affect.

Looking at radar you can see some yellow bands occasionally from Wheeling over to South east Allegheny County. It has to be either very heavy snow or maybe the sleet mixing in. http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=PBZ&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

It's sleet mixing in. It's only a matter of time now before that rain/snow line starts slowly moving to the north. I think we're too late in the game now to expect any kind of major shift that keeps us all snow or all frozen. Some of you to the north may get lucky and stay frozen with just a mix occurring for a while. I'll most likely be seeing rain in a few hours. Just have to hope it doesn't last long and quickly changes back. Still getting a snow/sleet mix in Bridgeville but the sleet is winning out now.

Archived