Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Pittsburgh/Western Pa Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now it appears "on paper" that northwest of Pgh is the place to be for the most snow.

However, as we all know, these east coast storms tend to drop off quickly west of the ridges.

And come Tuesday evening as the low is forecasted to deepen a bit in Virginia, personally I'm gonna want be as close to that low as possible. And let the rest take care of itself.

Just a thought from the cheap seats.  :snowman:

Definitely a second wave as opposed to just the models overdoing the wrap around. Be nice to get a prolonged period of snow in to Wednesday.

Seems like a lot of virga in Ohio. Some good echos but low dewpoints. Interested to see what we can get out of this first batch.

i was just out and there is a few light snow flurries. 

http://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/cmdn/pcpn_type/pcpn_type_gem_reg.html

According to the latest GGEM the rain snow line tomorrow looks a little more south and east than previous. I think there is a good chance that areas North and West of the city see close to 10 inches if it stays all snow. I think the PA/Ohio border will definitely stay all snow. Heaviest precip moves in late tomorrow afternoon. NAM and GFS holding at 7-8 inches. I saw a couple local mets had rain line well into Butler County tomorrow afternoon and evening. I don't think it will get past mid Allegheny County. We'll see.

Also noticed that steady snow lasts into early afternoon on Wednesday.

Wow, I just looked outside and I am surprised to see snow falling and accumulating already. 

My current visibility is down close to 1/2 mile.

Id like to thank you all for your posts. First time poster but long time reader. I am merely someone who enjoys weather, storms and snow especially. I find my location puts me in between the regional forums but this has been my go to. I will update what happens in my neck of the woods - which is in WV right on the WV/PA/OH line in the northern most part of Hancock County. 

Id like to thank you all for your posts. First time poster but long time reader. I am merely someone who enjoys weather, storms and snow especially. I find my location puts me in between the regional forums but this has been my go to. I will update what happens in my neck of the woods - which is in WV right on the WV/PA/OH line in the northern most part of Hancock County. 

Welcome aboard. You should be in a good location tomorrow for all snow. Good Luck!

Looks like you guys in southern agh county may pick up a quick 1-3 from this initial batch alone. Hopefully it can keep filling in and we don't get any lulls.

There is a nice line going all the way back through Ohio moving across southern Allegheny. Maybe this will make up a little for the changeover we may have to deal with tomorrow down here.

There is a nice line going all the way back through Ohio moving across southern Allegheny. Maybe this will make up a little for the changeover we may have to deal with tomorrow down here.

If we can get a nice layer before sunrise maybe it will help keep temps down for tomorrow. Not sure how much this will help against any sleet/freezing rain but may help us stay below freezing.

Archived