Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is literally nothing to look forward until AT LEAST April 10. This weather sucks.

A lot of my ancestors died this time of year. I can't succumb to the depression you're spreading! :)

I think this weather's beautiful. I've got brilliant sun and 45F right now, and it feels much warmer in the sun. Wore a T-shirt on my back porch yesterday and felt fine, though the porch is wind sheltered which obviously helps tremendously. 45F in late March doesn't have anywhere near the same bite as 45F in October or November.

If it were up to me, I'd drag winter until the first half of April every year. We've got April 15th-October 15th for warmth. 6 months is long enough for me. Don't worry, we'll have plenty of 85F+ days to track I'm sure. Big snowfall is more difficult to come by.

Just for s**ts and giggles, I checked weather at PHL for HM's 9 analogs. 6 of the 9 featured at least one day with a trace of snow during April and 2 of them had measurable snow in April. I, for one, am fine with one last snowy day if we can squeeze it in before spring comes on for good.

I'm rooting for this weather to hold on clear through mid-May. Love the cool, breezy, and overcast days. We have all summer to deal with 80's and 90's. No need to rush it.

I can deal with overcast and 60s.........Overcast and 40s with wind on the other hand :axe:

Archived