Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow guys, I thought walking away "quietly" would avoid any discussion of me all together. Or I thought people who cared would just PM me (like cary and a few others did). No disrespect to anyone here.

Seriously, if anyone really cares that much, just PM me (or Cary will fill you in). It's really not a huge deal and who's to say I wasn't going to post again in the future.

Really didn't/don't want to bring any drama here. This subforum is too good for that.

Sorry to hear this Parsley.

In other news this looks like it will be my last winter as part of the Philly region forum myself (hopefully I'll be bck in a few years).  I accepted a new position in Houston and will be moving the entire family this summer (that should be fun in the blazing heat).  Gonna miss the snow for sure, but I guess I can live vicariously through you guys.

Maybe I can chase some canes with Josh :)

Wow guys, I thought walking away "quietly" would avoid any discussion of me all together. Or I thought people who cared would just PM me (like cary and a few others did). No disrespect to anyone here.

Seriously, if anyone really cares that much, just PM me (or Cary will fill you in). It's really not a huge deal and who's to say I wasn't going to post again in the future.

Really didn't/don't want to bring any drama here. This subforum is too good for that.

No drama really, I just think more and more people were realizing you have not posted here in awhile.

I thought perhaps you went to the AccuWx forums. ;)

In other news this looks like it will be my last winter as part of the Philly region forum myself (hopefully I'll be bck in a few years).  I accepted a new position in Houston and will be moving the entire family this summer (that should be fun in the blazing heat).  Gonna miss the snow for sure, but I guess I can live vicariously through you guys.

Congrats on the new job! Sorry though to hear you will be leaving this area. All the best to you.

Congrats on new job.

You will be closer to Ray!

PS, Buy sunscreen ;)

In other news this looks like it will be my last winter as part of the Philly region forum myself (hopefully I'll be bck in a few years). I accepted a new position in Houston and will be moving the entire family this summer (that should be fun in the blazing heat). Gonna miss the snow for sure, but I guess I can live vicariously through you guys.

Congrats on the new job. Snow in Houston isn't impossible. I've tracked a couple accumulations for my coworkers down there over the past 7 years. They even got four inches close to Christmas once.

Here is my take on snow & cold this time of year.  If we're going to get 6"+ snowstorms, I'm all in favor and I will happily enjoy cooler than normal temps right on into April.  If not, then I'd prefer warm, sunny spring days.  These days 5 to 10 degrees below normal with traces of snow do nothing for me.

If there's a pretty accumulation, I can enjoy that.  Flurries, yeah that doesn't do it for me.  Maybe in May, flurries would be neat. 

Hi gang!

We've had 3.0" of snow at KBOX since last night.  That brings our seasonal total to 65.2".  Amazingly, we've had 52.4" since February 1, which is the same for many locations across SNE.   The 65.2" is currently #4 snowiest season since our records began in October 1996 (snowiest is 97.6" in 2004-05).  

Set a station record for 24 hour February snowfall...21.0" on February 8-9 (7 AM reading since we are now a co-op site here).  Also now 5th snowiest month on record of 29.6", and so far March is 22.8", which is 8th snowiest month.  Hmmmm...interesting...

--Turtle 

geeze

What, 3 hrs up I-95 from Philly......

http://wxedge.com/articles/20130319bdr_enters_2nd_snowiest_season

Archived