Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And spring fire season is here, our first enhanced fire risk day of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a RFW either later today or tomorrow.

This web site has not updated their products since March 27th.  Did they change the url?

http://www.fs.fed.us/land/wfas/fd_cls_f.png

BTW I'm off today and as an FYI its SOP that we talk to our State Forestry contacts before making any final fire danger related decisions.

Winter 09-10' redux incoming!! Haha jk!

Seriously. This weather sucks!

Crap in April is normal; or at least, sub-freezing temps in April are normal at TTN.  You guys just aren't used to it anymore with the last few warm springs.  Back to reality!

Winter 09-10' redux incoming!! Haha jk!

Seriously. This weather sucks!

It could be worse, depending on your perspective. ;) My sister texted me a pic earlier this morning showing the 5 inches of snow that fell last night. She lives just northwest of Syracuse, NY. Of course in the text she said "this is not spring".

It could be worse, depending on your perspective. ;) My sister texted me a pic earlier this morning showing the 5 inches of snow that fell last night. She lives just northwest of Syracuse, NY. Of course in the text she said "this is not spring".

I don't know about you, but personally, I'd consider that "better" ;)

last cold snap till october?

April into May will see plenty of cold snaps this year and I'm not sure we've seen the last snowflake...probably the last accumulating snow. But at this point, I'm no better than climo, hence "probably."

And spring fire season is here, our first enhanced fire risk day of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a RFW either later today or tomorrow.

This web site has not updated their products since March 27th. Did they change the url?

http://www.fs.fed.us/land/wfas/fd_cls_f.png

BTW I'm off today and as an FYI its SOP that we talk to our State Forestry contacts before making any final fire danger related decisions.

Ah, thanks Tony, I didn't realize that was an SOP. And I don't know about that URL, I'll see what I can find out tonight at the firehouse, my chief is an Assistant Section Warden with NJFFS.

April into May will see plenty of cold snaps this year and I'm not sure we've seen the last snowflake...probably the last accumulating snow. But at this point, I'm no better than climo, hence "probably."

Noted, HM predicts snowflake('s?) still to come ;)

Fire Weather Watch for tomorrow.

As i walk around my yard and woods, I would not have guessed this since its so soggy, well for us at least.

Do you think there will be frost with these low dew points tomorrow? Freeze is no problem since the greenskeeper will let us out.

Yeah its possible there wont be any frost, those dew points are pretty low. i still wouldnt chance an early tee time on Thursday morning.The afternoon looks like its going to be pretty nice.  I think I lost about 10 to 15 yards on my shots today vs yesterday because of the drop in temps.  Plus I had to take three extra clubs hitting into the wind (which felt like it on nearly every hole).

Archived