Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voyager posted this pic from Bethlehem City Hall one year ago, going to go out on the limb & say that pic is little different today......

I doubt the grass is even green yet this year. I know at least up here on the other side of the Blue Mtn it isn't.

Fire Weather -

There was a post earlier about how soggy it is.  This is a setup for sinking the brush trucks in the mud. It is soggy, but the brush dries out - especially on a sunny windy day.  In my dept. the driver usually gets an award at the annul banquet for sinking the truck (even if the OIC tells him tio drive there.).

The summer fire season - if there is one (only in drought conditions) the ground is usually hard and sinking a truck is not an easy task.

Well now, Syracuse, NY yesterday... :snowman:

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET AT SYRACUSE, NY...

A RECORD SNOWFALL OF 10.5 INCHES WAS SET AT SYRACUSE HANCOCK FIELD YESTERDAY, APRIL 2ND. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD FOR APRIL 2ND OF 1.4 INCHES SET IN 1991.

THIS ALSO BREAKS THE ONE DAY CALENDAR DAY RECORD FOR APRIL WHICH WAS 7.1 INCHES ON APRIL 4TH 1975.

Noted, HM predicts snowflake('s?) still to come ;)

lol...

Something odd will probably happen this spring, if March wasn't "odd" enough for you, lol. There are plenty of factors favoring warmth winning the battle overall; but, notice how anomalously cold the air is in Canada during the next 2 weeks. It is cold enough air that if dislodged into the eastern us, even briefly, will support some scattered flurries or something (maybe instability mix/showery type of thing).

lol...

Something odd will probably happen this spring, if March wasn't "odd" enough for you, lol. There are plenty of factors favoring warmth winning the battle overall; but, notice how anomalously cold the air is in Canada during the next 2 weeks. It is cold enough air that if dislodged into the eastern us, even briefly, will support some scattered flurries or something (maybe instability mix/showery type of thing).

Up until the last few years, it wasn't unusual to get a trace of snow in April, just as it wasn't unusual to get one or two sub-freezing nights outside of the urban core. 

Really looking forward to some warmer weather finally. I know it didnt end up terribly cold and snowy over all in this particular region, but this cool season has lasted FORRREVERRRR... really since post-sandy, enough already! 

Next week and beyond looks great in general. Make a run at 75-80 next week PHL-DC??

My hot water heater went down last night. I was pleased to find out that it was the original from the complex around 1985. lol....

Just replaced mine that I put in when house was built in 1986.  It was still working fine, but last year I replaced

an element and couldn't get it stop seeping.    When I took it out the leak had sealed.   Maybe could have gotten

another couple years out of it.

Archived