Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late February 2013 Mid-Long Range Discussion

TUweathermanDD

Good news i think.

The euro control which had been consistenly south of the OP European is now more north of it and although it dosent hit us...it does show a historic storm for SE Virginia. Its sooooooo close. Heavy precip as far north as Fredricksburg

That's a long event on that model-- i'm not sure it would all be snow, even back my way. Light stuff in early March, as we know would not stick. However, those heavy bands 50-100 miles to my east and South east are tastey at this point.

I like for ROA-LYH shot for a minor event, if not more.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as long as the computers show a decent storm to our south, I think we're fine until 48 hrs out when we want the models to have it hitting us

6-7 days ago the Euro showed NE getting crushed with days and days of snow....today, nada and yesterday storm was mostly rain (relative to Euro 6-7 days ago)

where did the storm go? north (of course)

we may not get the bomb, which we all know we need to overcome bl issues, but the storm will likely come north of today's consensus

Good news i think.

The euro control which had been consistenly south of the OP European is now more north of it and although it dosent hit us...it does show a historic storm for SE Virginia. Its sooooooo close. Heavy precip as far north as Fredricksburg

Plenty of time, this thread will keep growing until this is past, this is the last chance for DC metro area. I will be happy if somewhere in MA region get a big hit.  

Maybe snow chase to Mount Rogers this time, that is so much better than those who went to Boston. 

as long as the computers show a decent storm to our south, I think we're fine until 48 hrs out when we want the models to have it hitting us

6-7 days ago the Euro showed NE getting crushed with days and days of snow....today, nada and yesterday storm was mostly rain (relative to Euro 6-7 days ago)

where did the storm go? north (of course)

we may not get the bomb, which we all know we need to overcome bl issues, but it will likely come north of today's consensus

the blizzard of 96 48 hours before even  had the jackpot in Richmond and mostly a miss for us right?

Good news i think.

fwiw, hm expects the storm to trend north and that the GFS will come on board at some point. I know, I know, you guys don't like him but he's out there now, six days or so before the event. Will be interesting to follow this one. A good one to end the year, maybe.

Plenty of time, this thread will keep growing until this is past, this is the last chance for DC metro area. I will be happy if somewhere in MA region get a big hit.  

Maybe snow chase to Mount Rogers this time, that is so much better than those who went to Boston. 

nice property! Would you take 185:)?

fwiw, hm expects the storm to trend north and that the GFS will come on board at some point. I know, I know, you guys don't like him but he's out there now, six days or so before the event. Will be interesting to follow this one. A good one to end the year, maybe.

which HM...the real one or the accuweather fraud?

He also thinks it will be rain for DC, which probably means we will get a raging snowstorm.

Are you talking about the good HM or the dumbass HM?

I suspect it's the latter, but figured I'd ask.

which HM...the real one or the accuweather fraud?

He's got to mean "Big Daddy"...HM would just come post himself here.

the blizzard of 96 48 hours before even  had the jackpot in Richmond and mostly a miss for us right?

no, it wasn;t mostly a miss for us

look, if that's what you got out of my comment, you need to put things back into perspective

my point is, 6 days out it being south of us is fine, and definitely consistent with most of our decent snow storms of the past

but once within 48 hrs, you want some "credible" models showing a hit in some fashion or another, although the bulls eye isn't necessary at 48 hrs, especially this year

EDIT: I would add that the -NAO has been over forecasted relentlessly by the models this year so I doubt it pushes the vort that far south

That's a long event on that model-- i'm not sure it would all be snow, even back my way. Light stuff in early March, as we know would not stick. However, those heavy bands 50-100 miles to my east and South east are tastey at this point.

I like for ROA-LYH shot for a minor event, if not more.

Huff, do you have access to the Euro Ensembles?  What did they show for our area?  I like where you and I sit on this one right now.  I think we could pull out 4+" on this one.  Never really bought the extreme totals but who knows...

nice property! Would you take 185:)?

No.. We are hoping our counter offer is accepted tonight and we get the place sold.

Thanks, we love the property just two big mortgages is killing our fun money and vacations.

I can make a bunch of trips to Canaan Valley next year for the time and money I have spent on this place even though I have enjoyed it for 8 years it wil be fun having a free income in the house. 

Are you Jay Hatem weather on FB?

Archived