Newest Member
    EWR757
February 21st - 23rd Winter Storm Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yikes:

i'll ride 1.9"...which fits nicely with the take 33% of what the RPM is showing rule

You're really lowballing this one. I can't find a model that's throwing out QPF that low for you. Of course, it's not like 6" is realistic, but I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 3" is a decent call.

12Z Euro continues the trend of being slower and continues hammer us with convection (100-500 J/kg of MUCAPE). Nice weenie bullseyes showing up on the snowfall charts. Even though it's a colder solution, I still think we end up with some sleet and (perhaps) some ice mixing in at times with that vicious warm wedge fighting all the way til the bitter end. A 3-6 hour period of freezing drizzle sets in afterwards.

I'm just messing, I'm not worried about temps...we'll go to mix of freezing drizzle but that will be in garbage time at the end. 

Obviously QPF is going to be meager this far northeast.

I'd be most concerned about model QPF being virga.  Prabably 90% virga for me.  By the time the column saturates the dry slot will be moving in from the SW. :arrowhead:

Tom Skilling posted this on facebook.

I would love to see the H5 charts to see the kind of vort track that produced this. 

Now I know this is not happening.  But I will say I won't be surprised if central Missouri even into South Central MO gets 6-8 inches. 

I think I will see 70/30 Snow/Sleet or higher towards mostly snow.  Given the time of day, time of year that doesn't help, but this air-mass is pretty damn cold, pwats are decent, lift is very strong, ground will be frozen. 

This is a tough one. One thing is for sure.  We may see some freezing drizzle at the end, but ZR is not happening here.

11105_10151450131681760_1291632059__zps3

Look like DVN pulled the trigger for a winter storm watch for cycloneville west

It looks to be the best storm for him this winter.

NAM taking the southern route still.

North-central KS to the Quad Cities looks really good at this run.

I am going with 1.8 for MBY and 2.2 at ORD.

Snow is supposed to decrease from NW to SE, so, being where I am located, I think 1.8" is just about right.

ORD is about 7 or 8 miles due north of me, so they will see a bit more up that way.  Farther NW they will see more. 

Archived