• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA - Second Half of February 2013

MAG5035

Still too early to throw out totals (and because I can't make that call right now with the information provided and the uncertainty still), but went with a generic "plowable" forecast probabilities. 

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Sticking to my guns and going with a combination of the GFS/NAM/SREF, with an adjustment south due to the Euro not being in coordination. This will likely be adjusted, and I may regret making this, but gotta start making calls here tonight. Less than 72 hours away.

this looks like a good starting point to me.  dealing with the general public is touchy and this storm has already been hyped up through social media so a conservative approach is smart

btw, what's "plowable"?  12"+ right lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mid Atlantic forum is unreadable.  People are freaking out over a 10 mile shift of a model and 0.1" QPF difference.  Thank the gods this sub-forum doesn't have that problem.

So many  :weenie: over in those parts. If we were looking at a big one, it'd be likely we'd see some of those folks come out of the wood-work around here.

The Mid Atlantic forum is unreadable.  People are freaking out over a 10 mile shift of a model and 0.1" QPF difference.  Thank the gods this sub-forum doesn't have that problem.

Heh, yeah, we just have Wmsptwx poo-pooing every model run when it comes out. 

j/k, man, you're cool. ^^

We're also adults here where I'd be willing to bet the MA and NY forums have a bunch of the old accuweather.com forum kids on it.

Funny aside, I was "banned for life" from Accuwx's forums for being too hard on wishcasters. I also remember posters on there referring to themselves as "Junior Meteorologists" and posting in a thread as if they were the guy at NWS who makes the public warning announcements. Funny stuff.

I'd be willing to wager that the youngest regular here is in his/her mid twenties. After 21, you tend to only act stupid on teh interwebs for teh lulz.

From his "first guess". I have a hard time believing this guy is as "busy" in the consultant business as he claims to be with as unprofessional as he is. Just his latest hit...

"Now if the concept that weather changes and forecast sometimes change at the last second is difficult for you to comprehend...  Please stop reading this and let another inmate use the PC ok? No really that is the reason.  In addition let me also inform you that the skies blue...  Water is a wet...  And women have secrets."

While I laughed like hell at the bolded segment, that's unprofessional as all hell. I can laugh at it, because I'm not in the business of "weather consultancy". If I were, I'd probably give that crack a wide berth.

NAM is going to be south of it's 18z counterpart. It was quite a different look at the storm evolution, actually. H5 upper low took longer to close off, but blocking was weaker and farther NE and so was the UL off of Nova Scotia. The only thing keeping it from being a farther north solution was likely the fact that it was slower to close off than 18z

Archived