• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
DISCUSSION ONLY: Friday night/Saturda rain/snow (2/15-16/2013)

famartin

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray, would either one of these soundings be considered convective? I see total totals are around 49, 46 respectively ( 50 is the magic number).. just not sure where in the actual sounding itself, the convective properties lie?

devu9y9e.jpg

7unama4a.jpg

There are some conditionally unstable layers in both soundings. 

euro is .1-.25 from phl on west. The surface looks warm. I don't think tonight is going to resemble anything like what occurred wed night. Looks like rain then maybe over to wet snow. Saturday phl on east may get some lgt stuff generall .1 or less, though immediate jersey shore may get a hair more.

yep. Time to focus on all of that potential next week now.

The timing of tonight's event is much faster = rain. We needed some cooling before precip start time.

Should have seen temp spike ahead of front as well, even warmer than modeled. Rookie mistake  :axe:  :axe:  :axe: .

Nice to turn off the heat for a while anyway. 

It's ok mitchell, it happens. I'm trolling ray on fb with his 1-3 amounts for ttn. My call was 1 or less.

The timing of tonight's event is much faster = rain. We needed some cooling before precip start time.

Should have seen temp spike ahead of front as well, even warmer than modeled. Rookie mistake  :axe:  :axe:  :axe: .

Nice to turn off the heat for a while anyway. 

Veterans would have even screwed that up.  West wind torch ahead of an arctic front sometimes is an overperformer even ahead of "overperforming" standards.

Archived